News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Charcoal canister lineup. 450 se

Started by Thegger, 29 October 2018, 02:26 PM

Thegger

Hi,
Trying to make new vacuum lines and came over this. My charcoal canister have a line going to this valve or whatever is is. I found one diagram that looks like this valve and there its called "purge valve". The line on the picture is going to the canister. The bottom is suppose to be a vacuum line to my intake? So just to be sure I wanted to ask here first. The vacuum line on bottom was plugged when I bought it, but Im going to make a new line direct to the intake manifold.
The back side of the valve im guessing is gonna be connected to the lower intake manifold? My car is a 77 450se, 117.986.

daantjie

That looks like the "coasting bypass valve" to me. You will have to reference the correct vacuum diagram as there were many versions of pollution control over the years.

Sorry, scratch this comment, I looked at some other posts and the coasting bypass valve looks a bit different.
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

Thegger

I have looked at several diagrams, but i dont find one that match my engine. But the one i posted is very similar to my canister line. But my vacuum outlets was plugged 2 places by previous owner. So i try to sort that out. But im gonna try one line to the lower intake and the plugged line to upper intake manifold if there is no beetter idea 😜