News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

Changing RHD to LHD

Started by Nutz, 10 November 2006, 09:17 PM

Nutz

Hello guys,

Anyone here know of a conversion kit and/or detailed procedure for this conversion? A guy bought a W116 RHD unaware that it was this way and needs some solid info. Thanks in advance  8)

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w116-s-se-sel-sd-class/1288463-i-am-pissed.html

Nutz

PS,if you don't have a membership there and aren't interested,I'll link from there to here for any responses.

Des

Yeah sounds like you would need a rear ended LHD W116 and then use it as a donor.

alabbasi

Is this guy high? He needs to accept the fact that it's a RHD car or sell it. Trying to convert it is going to cost WAY too much money and this guy clearly doesnt know anything about German cars if he doesnt know that they need metric tools.

What model was it?
With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

s class

Nutz,

That post is amusing.  He clearly lacks technical knowlege and basic netiquette.  Anyway, Its a scenario I see often here in South Africa-  the public have a distorted view of the quality of Benz products.  True, they are long lasting but after 30 years of hard (and often neglectful) use they do leak oil.  And like this fellow, these naive people complain about bad quality, forgetting that other cars sold in the 70's stopped running 15 years ago.  I suspect this fellow has no experience with older cars of any type and bought this car thinking its a benz and therefore indestructable. 

Since I bought my (very good) 450SL, I've had many people being surprised to discove tthat the cars are cheap (much cheaper than a nex corolla), and then delaring "I'll get one too", of course fogetting that I spent another 30% of the purchase price on top to sort out things, and many hours on my back under the car.....

Good luck to this fellow, I just hope the car isn;t the loosing party. 

Ryan

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL