Author Topic: Central locking troubleshooting and repair  (Read 943 times)

raueda1

• Vintage
  • Assimilated. Resistance is futile.
Re: Central locking troubleshooting and repair
« Reply #15 on: 14 April 2021, 11:33 AM »
The bad: The line to the trunk reservoir seems to leak.

I'm assuming you've plugged it at the reservoir end, before testing? Could be just the grommet otherwise.
I did.  I also inspected the grommet, which seemed fine - properly pliable, not hardened/cracked/etc.  The tank itself holds vacuum fine (using another tube).
-Dave
Now:  '76 6.9 Euro
Before that:  1966 230S, 1964 220SE coupe, 1977 Carrera 3.0

raueda1

• Vintage
« Reply #16 on: 26 May 2021, 05:53 PM »
I've got progress (kind of) and annoyance to report.  Initially the new door switch seemed to fix everything.  But it was short lived, it just worked for a couple days.  Then it wouldn't hold a vacuum overnight.  WTF??  >:( >:( >:(

I went back to it and retested everything repeatedly.  It turns out that the NEW switch went bad after just a couple days of use.  The old switch was completely shot, it wouldn't hold a vacuum at all.  The new one loses vacuum after an hour or so, a kind of slow leak.  But it's still a leak.  I'm taking it up with the vendor.  Hopefully they'll make good on it by sending me another one.  I'll report back on the outcome.  Nothing ever gets easier.....   :-\
-Dave

raueda1

• Vintage
« Reply #17 on: 12 June 2021, 10:06 AM »
Success.  The vendor (AutohausAZ) immediately replaced the bad vacuum switch without drama or other issues.  I've had nothing but great service with these folks, but never had to do a return before.  Highly recommended.  The system now seems to hold a perfect vacuum far better than MB's leakdown spec.  Happy car!
-Dave