News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Car restore

Started by mistick, 10 June 2018, 08:26 PM

adamb

Having read much of the above I think that Mistick is getting the wrong advice from you guys. Here's my suggestion on how to utilise the limited funds:

1. Get the current engine to run. You don't have budget for a swap and other stuff also.
2. Remove all chrome and paint/wrap the car a nice mean colour to give it the gangsta look.
3. Get seat covers and something to cover the red dash if you don't like it.
4. Spend money on good looking alloys as that's what people really notice.
5. Go cruising!

I will bet that if you do this, it'll bring true happiness and won't break your budget. :)

floyd111

Thing is, he had a list of plans, and the responses here were responses to his plans.
We could suggest many things, other then what he planned to do, but he had pretty specific plans with that car. Those plans were not possible for the budget at hand.

Mistick,. now you are aware, is there a plan B here for that car of yours?

TJ 450

My step one would be to try and get it running, and have a good look over the car. If you have to pay someone to do that though, that makes things a little difficult as you'd want to spend as little as possible until the project's viability is determined.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

mistick

yea guys that's the most important thing for now, the engine
@adamb my mechanic told me that the engine is down, the fact is that when u try to spark there is kindda of a knock and it doesn't spark. so it came down to getting a new engine now which am closing on ;D ;D

s class

That is a diesel engine, it does not have an ignition system making spark. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

mistick

Quote from: s class on 04 July 2018, 03:21 AM
That is a diesel engine, it does not have an ignition system making spark.

thanks a lot for the correction never knew, but i meant to describe what happen when you start the car  ;D ;D ;D
tnx man