News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Bundt wheel weights

Started by zedster, 31 August 2011, 11:02 AM

zedster

The problem is that my original ball seat lugs as Joe pictured are too long for the back rims. :(
1979 450 SEL "Spinne Blaue"

jbrasile

Bill, that is really bizarre.... the replicas you purchased from adsitco are supposed to use the original bolts without any problems...

Can you tell the difference between the original wheels and the new ones as far as the bolt washers are concerned? Do the washers on the new ones seem deeper?

Tks,

Joe

zedster

Joe the original rims have the washers and the new ones don't. The metal thickness where the washers are is thinner. Please see these photos of one of my new front rims with a new lug and old lug.

jbrasile

I understand it now. Looks like what you need are the washers from the original wheels on the new ones. Can you tell if they will fit ? If so that may solve the problem and if you have them bead blasted and painted they will look brand new.

I would give adsitco a bit of a hard time though... this is ridiculous, they sell these rims all day long and should know better.

Tks,

Joe

zedster

Here is what they sent me and I quote:

"You have purchased Aftermarket rims.  These are not the OEM mercedes rims. 

The aftermarket rims come with aftermarket lug botls.  They do not come with the OEM lug bolts.

We have been selling this rim with that lug bolt sing 1979 with no issues at all.  These are not OEM rims and they are not the oem lug bolts.  You will not have any issues using these lug bolts with this wheel on the car.  The lugs will need to torqued to the proper specs and you will be on your way.

We are not trying to give you the run around.  You have received the correct lugs for the rims you have purchased.

Thanks
Joe"

I will probably never order from them again.

jbrasile

Well, ok, yes they are aftermarket and so are the bolts... but how come the rear ones have a problem?

They have to explain and resolve that issue... what a pain...

I am truly sorry you are having to go through this.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Tks and  regards,

Joe

zedster

I will look at taking off the washers from my original rims.