Garage > Mechanicals

Bubbles in engine oil

<< < (3/3)

Rolo:
I had a lot of bubbles for 2 oil changes after my rebuild.  But, the oil near the intake was solid with the bubbles only near the top.  I still get a few bubbles after hard running.

raueda1:

--- Quote from: Rolo on 15 June 2021, 02:29 PM ---I had a lot of bubbles for 2 oil changes after my rebuild.  But, the oil near the intake was solid with the bubbles only near the top.  I still get a few bubbles after hard running.
--- End quote ---
That's good news IMO.  Not a coincidence I don't think.  After rebuilding I dumped the first fill after only 100 miles, so there could well have been residual break-in additives, detergents, etc carrying over.  No bubbles now.  Thanks and cheers,

Rolo:

--- Quote from: slfan on 06 June 2021, 07:21 PM ---Dave,

I had a similar situation a few years ago.  If I recall correctly, there are round seals (mini-donuts) that are attached To the hoses that connect the oil tank to the bottom of the engine (oil pan I guess is the name).  Despite not leaking, one of my hoses was missing this round (resembled a mini-donut) seal.  Once this seal was installed, I never again had the foaming problem.

Regards,
Angel

--- End quote ---

Hi Dave, is this the seal you replaced?  PN  A 115 466 0082

raueda1:

--- Quote from: Rolo on 06 July 2021, 09:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: slfan on 06 June 2021, 07:21 PM ---Dave,

I had a similar situation a few years ago.  If I recall correctly, there are round seals (mini-donuts) that are attached To the hoses that connect the oil tank to the bottom of the engine (oil pan I guess is the name).  Despite not leaking, one of my hoses was missing this round (resembled a mini-donut) seal.  Once this seal was installed, I never again had the foaming problem.

Regards,
Angel

--- End quote ---
Oh boy, I'm really not sure.  During the rebuild I replaced all the seals and o-rings that I could find.  But it's not entirely clear to me what the o0ne in your picture is.  In any case, after changing the oil the foaming stopped.  I didn't do anything else.

Hi Dave, is this the seal you replaced?  PN  A 115 466 0082

--- End quote ---

john erbe:
I had a similar problem with air bubbles. I'm quite sure the seals that Slfan describes are not those shown in your illustration. The seals he refers to are on the two tubes which extend into the oil pan. One way to test if the seal on the suction hose from the reservoir is shot is to make left hand turns and take note if there is a loss in oil pressure during turns. Then check for bubbles on dip stick. If present then your breaking suction. Then drive the car straight and flat. I comparison there should be no pressure loss or and less or no bubbles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version