News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

anyone have a 280SL or SLC?

Started by s class, 13 October 2010, 07:09 AM

s class

My 280SE has some gentle modifications in the cooling system department.  Some years ago I installed a 350SE radiator in order to have the plastic reservoir tank, and greater coolant volume.  The radiator had to be disassembled and reassembled in mirror image in order to swap the side to which the engine oil cooler mounts. 

The other complication was that the top radiator hose connection on the radiator was a larger diameter in the 350 radiator than in the 280 radiator, so I couldn't use the standard top hose.  I made a temporary solution with a couple of generic spares-shop hoses plumbed together.

7 or 8 years later, my temporary plumbing has failed, and I need to solve the problem properly.  It occurred to me that a 280SL/SLC top hose would have the correct shape and bends, and just maybe, the correct diameter at the radiator end.

Does anyone have access to a 280SL/SLC and can get some measurements for me?

Thanks. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL