News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

ACC is functional!

Started by 1980sdga, 22 May 2011, 03:18 AM

jbrasile

No it doesn't,

123 410 10 81 - rubber mount - $54.00 original MB or $40.00 for Bilstein

Tks,

Joe

calvin streeting

you guys might find this intresting.

ebay Link

I found it will looking for parts.

calvin

1980sdga

Quote from: calvin streeting on 26 May 2011, 05:35 PM
you guys might find this intresting.

ebay Link

I found it will looking for parts.

calvin

VERY INTERESTING  ;D  The seller is in Ca. and is also on ebay US.  I just ordered a copy.

Only 28 pages but some of the sample pages look promising!

Hemersam

Where are these "elements," in the dash or the engine compartment?
Hemersam

1980sdga

Quote from: Hemersam on 26 May 2011, 06:45 PM
Where are these "elements," in the dash or the engine compartment?
Hemersam

Take a look at the ACC manual in the library.  The elements (or "pods") are under the dash and are the vacuum actuators that move the vent flaps from defrost to bi level etc. There are also some that control fresh air intake. 

It gets complicated because some of the vacuum signals are triggered by electric solenoids and some of the electric solenoids are controlled by vacuum  :D :P ;D

Like I said, print out the manual and check it out.

jbrasile

KenM

I've had dealings with that ebay seller before, many of his manuals are not originals, he simply copies them and binds them himself. He also tends to make up sections of a manual and sell them separately rather than a whole

manual, be very sure what you are buying.

koan

Quote from: 1980sdga on 26 May 2011, 06:16 PM
VERY INTERESTING  ;D  The seller is in Ca. and is also on ebay US.  I just ordered a copy.
Only 28 pages but some of the sample pages look promising!

From the preview pics on ebay it looks like one of MB "Intoduction to" manuals, explains theory but no nitty gritty of what's actually in the car. My MB A/C manual is about 250 pages.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

Big_Richard

I like the spiel about the reproduction of materials only being done to benefit MB owners and its not done for profit.

I'm absolutely sure a 28 page saddle stitched booklet does not cost $22 US to produce - it'd be far less than a single dollar - unless it was hand bound and printed with a crappy domestic printer.

Also, if it really was for the benefit of all MB enthusiasts and the sharing of knowledge, the booklet would be released in PDF format F.O.C.  ::)

1980sdga

Just an update.

I did a little troubleshooting on my servo/amp situation today and discovered that my servo gets in a bind once everything heats up. (And it's been HOT here!)  I loosened the screws that hold the top on and the servo started working.  May be an alignment problem with the gears or the plate is misaligned. May be the valve sticking. 

I'm thinking about doing a mockup with a 12v power supply and the spare parts I have.  Probably just need a new servo like Joe said.

I haven't received the manual from ebay but I can mail copies to someone if they could make it a PDF and post it somewhere.

1980sdga

Zombie thread!

I finally received the AC book today. It has a lot of info that I haven't seen any where else and is pretty readable with lots of illustrations.

Anyway, I don't have any way to turn it into postable material but if someone would like to take the time then please PM me with an address and I'll mail a copy to you. 

It has some pretty cool breakdowns of the system and I'd like to get it out to the group.

1980sdga

Update...

After a lot of deliberation I decided to order a rebuilt aluminum servo instead of the UT digital kit.  The UT kit bypasses the recirc/fresh air part of the system and since I got mine working I'd hate to lose the function.  Plus I'm a smoker and it's damned good for clearing out smoke !

I have 2 amps that work so hopefully a new servo will get the system responding like it should. 

1980sdga

I finally got the aluminum servo. ACC is functional AGAIN!

This project is only slightly over budget...

jbrasile

Congratulations Jon!

Nice move in deciding to keep the system original as far as the servo/amp setup. I am always a little leery of mods such as the UT because if something does go wrong you are stuck, whereas keeping the original ACC intact will at least provide you with a starting point when you need to diagnose/fix a problem.

Tks,

Joe

1980sdga

Quote from: jbrasile on 15 September 2011, 09:30 PM
Congratulations Jon!

Nice move in deciding to keep the system original as far as the servo/amp setup. I am always a little leery of mods such as the UT because if something does go wrong you are stuck, whereas keeping the original ACC intact will at least provide you with a starting point when you need to diagnose/fix a problem.

Tks,

Joe

Thanks Joe, I've been running the AL servo for several days now and it works well ;D  It is pretty noisy though. Are they supposed have that gear noise?  I got it from that Universal German Dismantling in California. It looks freshly rebuilt but I don't know if they service them or not.