News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

AC Servo Diagram/Cutaway

Started by HerrBenz, 06 January 2006, 09:23 PM

HerrBenz

Looking for information on the AC Servo.  I need a diagram or cutaway of the internal workings of the servo itself.  I can't find anything on the web.

Thanks for any help
David

WGB

Dear David,

The workings of the USA servo system and it's repair are well covered in 9 pages in Mercedes-Benz - Technical Companion by BentleyPublishers.com.
They explain the workings of the system over 4 pages including a good cutaway and then have another 5 pages of repair and maintenance on the system.
Fortunately - it would appear the rest of the world has been spared this system.
If you like I may be able to convert them in to PDF files but the book is readily available $89.95 in Australia but probably only $39.95 in US

Bill Babe
Western Australia

WGB

Hi David
I have digitized the two articles to PDF files and will e-mail them to you if you send me your e-mail.You will need Adobe Reader 5 or higher to read them.
I do not know how to post them to this forum.
You can contact me on wbabe@bigpond.com but with the time difference it may be another 24 hours before I can send them.

Regards
Bill Babe

Mforcer

Hi David,

I am not sure what exactly you are after but have you looked in the Service Manual Library which is a part of the Library on this site?

Michael
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

HerrBenz

Yes, I looked at those.  There were no diagrams.  What Im looking for is a step by step picture/diagram of the Servo itself.  Especially the plunger area, the order of the spring, washers & clips go in. How all the parts go together inside. 

Thanks,
David

WGB

David,

Again - I have digitised the two articles and will e-mail them to you if you wish. One is 256K and the other is 350K in PDF form.
The articles include cutaways and full instructions for pulling them down, repairing and maintaining them.

The articles are free but I do not know how to post them to this forum and I do not know what the copyright entails to the likes of this forum.

Bill Babe
Cars previously owned - 1958 220S Ponton, 1987 300SE 126, 1994 E280 124, 1998 230SLK 170
Presently Own - 1979 450SEL 116, 2002 ML270CDI 163, 2003 E320 211

HerrBenz

Send away! I'm looking foward to seeing these.......

Hotgti91@peoplepc.com

GSK11740

Uh, while your at it, I don't suppose you could shot me a copy of those diagrams too???

gsk11740@yahoo.com

Thanks!  ;D
Gary.

WGB

Have forwarded the PDF's to your respective addresses in two separate e-mails.
Sorry about the delay but the Security software at work would not let me send anything to a yahoo.com address. Had to wait til I got home.

Feed back - good or bad would be appreciated.

Bill babe

GSK11740

Quote from: WGB on 10 January 2006, 07:40 AM
Have forwarded the PDF's to your respective addresses in two separate e-mails.
Sorry about the delay but the Security software at work would not let me send anything to a yahoo.com address. Had to wait til I got home.

Feed back - good or bad would be appreciated.

Bill babe

Thanks again Bill! Sorry about the Yahoo address. I wanted to give you my "real" address (and probably should have PM'd it to you) instead of the "spam" one but the last time I posted my good email addy, I got slammed with junk mail. Gotta just love the internet! ::)

Anyway, the PDFs look great. Now I just have to figure out which box I stuffed the servo in so I can look it over. ;D

HerrBenz

Bii, Thanks for the diagrams!  They'er a life saver.  Getting that lil booger vack together will be fun.
Thanks again
David

WGB

Hi David,
Received your message about the clarity of a couple of areas but can't reply from work to a yahoo.com address.
I will try to get some time in the next few days to re-scan the repair section but I was trying to keep the file size small enough to be workable which means some loss of quality.
I will fiddle with size vs quality and see what comes out.

I hope you have enough to go on.

Bill

Bratman47

Are you referring to the automatic Climate Control Servo? There was a great Star article on this.