News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

'77 280SE Engine manual

Started by Luke1, 20 May 2010, 06:41 AM

Luke1

Does anyone know if there is an engine workshop manual for the 1977-80 M110 engine?  I just receive a manual for the M110, but it only reference the year 1974.

Yesmar

check out the service manual library at the bottom of the page hidden in the fine print., then at the bottom of that page the link "OPEN SERVICE MANUAL LIBRARY"

http://handbook.w116.org/matrix6.htm
- Ramsey

chrismsullivan

77 280SE should be a D-Jet engine if my recent research serves me correctly.

oscar

Sorry Chris, k-jet 76 and above,  d-jet's pre 76 and then there's the odd ones like yours that break the rules. 8)

My manual is this one below.  Comes in two volumes and covers m110s up to 1980 or 81.  Not sure how to identify them from what else is out there but if you need ISBN or revision number or whatever you can think of let me know and I'll look it up.  Although it's virtually the same as what's in the library it's good to have a hard copy and flick thru pages.  Not really sure where to get 'em from these days.  I bought these from US ebay for under $50US a couple years back.

Luke I don't suppose your 1974 manual covers d-jet for the m110 does it?  This manual below covers the k-jet and 280S well but there's not the vital section on the d-jet. Section 7.4.  Same as the library, it's missing Section 7.4.  If yours has got it, you might find a few interested buyers if it advertises the fact.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
1973 350SE, my first & fave