News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

76 280SE Euro 4 speed shift linkage question

Started by MichaelBrown, 19 June 2020, 07:11 PM

MichaelBrown

Someone can give me some pointers on exactly how the linkage should be set up I would greatly appreciate it

I've been fighting an issue where it wouldn't go into reverse and it was hard to get in to other gears so I've done a whole bunch of work including swapping out the clutch.   I think this just boils down to the linkage is incorrect. 

Spent the last hour playing with the linkage and actually got everything working pretty good except first and second gear stop working the car started out in third but the clutch is smooth and it went into reverse so I've got a problem with my linkage

Nabstud

Just upload pics/video to a 3rd party site and put in a link.

Have you checked the tech guides at the home of this site? Lots of good info there
1975 280S - Australian delivered

MichaelBrown

Wow, I was unaware that there was anything other than the forums and I certainly didn't know they actually have the FSM here for the car. Let me explore this

MichaelBrown

Nothing of any value regarding the linkage on their home page

MichaelBrown

Max-NL

This document contains some measurements which could be helpfull if you removed the rods(?) from the transmission.
1971 R107 350 SL
1972 W108 280 SEL 3.5
1975 W116 280 S
1975 W116 450 SEL 6.9 #140
1977 W123 230
1992 W124 230 CE
2001 Ducati Monster S4

MichaelBrown

Quote from: Max-NL on 20 June 2020, 06:21 AM
This document contains some measurements which could be helpfull if you removed the rods(?) from the transmission.

Thank you so much for providing that it was exactly what I needed. Using this diagram, I was able to fix everything in 10 minutes and the car is now shifting perfectly. First gear was about 30° out of whack for some reason someone really screwed it up