News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

6.9 suspension valve, version 2.0

Started by Big_Richard, 10 November 2009, 04:27 AM

Big_Richard

received this today, this is a brand new genuine superseded 126 part number item suitable for full hydro suspension w126's and of course 6.9's.

The EPC suggests its "to be adapted at time of installation" i assume its that that ball isn't supposed to be there for the linkage to attach to.

This one is going into my parts collection, its too good to be installed on ANYONES car, my valves will be rebuilt locally as required. When there really are no valves left any where in the world, I'll be open to offers ;)

nathan

why are you taking pictures on timeees 380!
still, very nice part - i may need to speak to you about this if my wagen deal falls through!
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

Big_Richard

this one is NOT for sale ;)

Though I'll assist you purchase one or 2 too, and hell, i might get another one so this one doset feel lonly.

s class

Did you buy this through the dealer chain, or on ebay?

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

Big_Richard

s class

I don't need any, I'm just curious where you got it.

I assume the modification they are referring to is the fact that the ball for the linkage rod is riveted/welded on, whereas on the W116, the ball comes as part of the linkage and is bolted into a hole through the actuation arm. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

TJ 450

Now, that's one attractive looking valve. ;)

It's way too good to use!

It seems my 380's bootlid took the place of the 1970s carpet today. ;)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

Big_Richard

i think for fitting to a 6.9 it's best to drill out that w126 ball, otherwise you'd be forced to use the crusty old original arm - which means breaking the factory loktite used for the initial precision adjustment.

Big_Richard

the dreary 1977 high fashion carpet was no place for photographing something so stunningly beautiful.

It needed sunlight and the contrasing patina of a neglected, but getting lovingly restored w126's bootlid ;)

WGB

The valve sure looks beautiful and I am sure that cornering the worlds supply is a sound economic move
- so now that I am unable to ever buy one again can you enlighten me on who in Perth rebuilds them (in case I ever need to do it in the future).

Bill

Big_Richard

Nathan tells me "Walter" successfully rebuilds main central units and the leveling valves too.

I'll have to investigate these claims as theres no way in hell im putting these new valves on my car.

peterq

Which Walter - Osborne Park or East Perth?

Big_Richard

no idea which walter, never even met either of them ;)

There are a few valves left over after this current order, if any one is interested, $500US each including postage.

Big_Richard

The long awaited second valve arrived in the post today, the postal service is VERY slow this time of year.

The one on the right was the first one i received, the one on the left is the second, it looks like it's spent at least 10 years on the shelf, which it likely has in a Saudi Arabian MB workshop. They both are New old stock, never been fitted to a car.

Everyone else should be getting their Christmas presents appearing today or tomorrow ;)

I am curious as to the shelf life of these valves, If these require resealing, which i doubt they do, ill start up an exchange 6.9 valve service. Since I'll now have 2 to get remanufactured, locally.

WGB

I have received the first of my two and it looks more like your second one.

It is in a very old box that has fallen apart and appears to have been dropped a couple of times but no real damage done other than a couple of rounded edges.

I will put one on my 6.9 as the front valve on mine (as it appears to occur on most front valves) has a slight oil film and the usual snafu rubber dust cover.

I will try to make a mould of one of the rubber covers (I'm not sure if they look all that easy to remove) and see if I can manufacture a reasonable copy of it in black silicon.

Bill