News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

6.9 pressure control rod linkage parts help

Started by Wrighttbenz, 14 February 2016, 04:15 PM

Wrighttbenz

everyone I am slowly working to attempt a start up of a euro 450sel 6.9. can has been stored for twenty years.
The control pressure rod at the throttle linkage is disconnected and I need a couple of parts but can't seem to narrow down what the number are.

daantjie

Normally the ball end of the spring clip snaps into the cup and then it will move with the throttle linkage fore and aft. Check the bushing at the transmission end. They are normally toast which results in a lot of slop.
There is actually an old service bulletin about  changing out the spring clip connection to a metal one. Some had a plastic bushing which failed leading to the rod disconnecting  and pushing the throttle open. Obviously no bueno!
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

Wrighttbenz

Quote from: daantjie on 14 February 2016, 05:52 PM
Normally the ball end of the spring clip snaps into the cup and then it will move with the throttle linkage fore and aft. Check the bushing at the transmission end. They are normally toast which results in a lot of slop.
There is actually an old service bulletin about  changing out the spring clip connection to a metal one. Some had a plastic bushing which failed leading to the rod disconnecting  and pushing the throttle open. Obviously no bueno!

Yes I need the part number for the cup and the bushing.

daantjie

The bushing is the cup. Part# 1170700284.
Plastic bushing at the transmission end is 1102770550.
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber