News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

6.9 Plug Leads

Started by WGB, 29 September 2007, 09:28 AM

Big_Richard

Quote from: WGB on 08 October 2007, 08:35 AM
A shiny new set of plug leads and coil lead  arrrived today from the U.S of A - They have caps that say Beru 5 K Ohm and cost US$133.53 which included Freight of US$32 - Part No 100 150 01 19

I will fit them when I replace the gasket in my right hand Cam Cover.

I have also set the Parts Manager at Diesel motors to work to see what he can find for the plastic cable clips that break very easily (I've got to get something out of him for the cost of the gasket)

Bill

you should of got them at autohouse, they are about a dollar each there

WGB

Quote from: koan on 08 October 2007, 08:49 AM

Nice!

Are these identical to the originals with the metal plug ends and right angle distributor ends?

Which US supplier did you get them from?

koan

Hi Koan,

I took a picture of them on the floor just to prove to you that they were bright and shiny and they had shiny metal caps on them.

They came from Autohause AZ

Quote from: Patrick Bateman on 08 October 2007, 08:51 AM
Quote from: WGB on 08 October 2007, 08:35 AM
A shiny new set of plug leads and coil lead  arrrived today from the U.S of A - They have caps that say Beru 5 K Ohm and cost US$133.53 which included Freight of US$32 - Part No 100 150 01 19

I will fit them when I replace the gasket in my right hand Cam Cover.

I have also set the Parts Manager at Diesel motors to work to see what he can find for the plastic cable clips that break very easily (I've got to get something out of him for the cost of the gasket)

Bill

you should of got them at autohouse, they are about a dollar each there

I assume Patrick that you are talking about the clips being a dollar each - unfortunately I broke the clip after I had ordered the new leads.

Bill

koan

They are really nice and shiny WGB!

Now the clips, do you mean the ones that slip into the two holes in the cam boxes ?

If so I would be interested to know what you come up with (as oscar would be too).

The updated number supplied to me was different in that the projections on the back are a different distance apart and as a result they don't fit.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

CraigS

We've been through this Koan, and the correct ones are not available. The ONLY ones available are a 115 part number. Only thing you can do is to try and make them fit, or go to a wrecker and salvage some good ones - if possible.
[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

koan

Quote from: CraigS on 08 October 2007, 11:19 AM

We've been through this Koan, and the correct ones are not available.

I know we been through it, but occasionally an experienced parts guy can come up with another number - and the correct part.

koan

OzBenzHead

I bought a set of three (x 6) plug-lead holders for an M110 from MB Spares for less than $20.  They were ex stock; didn't have to wait for them to be imported.
[img width=340 height=138][url="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png"]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png[/url][/img]

koan

WGB, I am most impressed by your (shiny) plug leads, so I have ordered my own set.

OzBenzHead, V8s need the 4 slot wire holders which appear to be NLA.

koan

Big_Richard

Quote from: koan on 08 October 2007, 05:31 PM

WGB, I am most impressed by your (shiny) plug leads, so I have ordered my own set.

OzBenzHead, V8s need the 4 slot wire holders which appear to be NLA.

koan

I have the auto house 6 wire holders, they fit straight into my 6.9s valve covers without problem.

I dont see what all the fuss is about.

koan

I misunderstood OzBenzHead's post, read it as three wire holders and assumed two were used on a six.

koan.