News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

6.9 FUEL DISTRIBUTOR

Started by arcijack, 31 December 2019, 02:42 PM

arcijack

can someone tell me if the cast iron fuel dist for the 6.9 suppose to have 2 filters or inserts in the the areas where the nipples goes, i uploaded a photo , the 1st pic at the bottom you can see the 2 inserts,, the 2nd pic you can notice the jets has a small whole where you can see daylight, 6 are like this the 2 in question you can not see any daylight,,, hopefully this makes sense

arcijack

correction, 2nd pic has the inserts

raueda1

Quote from: arcijack on 31 December 2019, 02:42 PM
can someone tell me if the cast iron fuel dist for the 6.9 suppose to have 2 filters or inserts in the the areas where the nipples goes, i uploaded a photo , the 1st pic at the bottom you can see the 2 inserts,, the 2nd pic you can notice the jets has a small whole where you can see daylight, 6 are like this the 2 in question you can not see any daylight,,, hopefully this makes sense
The inserts are tiny filters.  There should be one in each of those fittings connecting the FD to the injectors.  I'm pretty sure they're still available.  What are you doing to the FD?
-Dave
Now:  1976 6.9 Euro, 2015 GL550
Before that:  1966 230S, 1964 220SE coupe, 1977 Carrera 3.0

arcijack

i was planning to rebuild it, had it done about 7 years ago but car has never ran right, the other 6 holes dont have these filters