News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

450SEL - Help, i need somebody...

Started by SELfor50, 20 April 2007, 01:59 AM

SELfor50

Quote from: torana68 on 20 April 2007, 02:32 AM
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, that car.......The guy told you it wan't a 6.9 I hope , he told me anyway. Its a European import , and it was needing timing chain when I spoke to the last owner when it was for sale. You need to change the chain and all the slides asap, (also the little plastic things on the cam oiler tubes) if you don't you could be the owner of a expensive pile of.........
Roger

the 6.9 badge resulted in a previous owner getting rippped off as they thought it was a 6.9 as well, hence the low mileage (if its correct) as they shedded it as it was "collectable" when they found out it wasn't a 6.9 they floged it.........

The car is currently in MB spares now getting the timing chain done.  I pick it up tomorrow arv.   ;D  can't wait!!

after that, it's just the exhaust, front shocks, paint job & stereo... and maybe some 20" deep dish wheels...  :)

oscar

Nice one Cam

Are you doing the other things mentioned in the near future or are they planned for whenever you can afford time and money to do them?

My guess is you'll get carried away with just how it is and wont want to hand it into a shop again for a fair while. ;D
1973 350SE, my first & fave

CraigS

It will be interesting to see what they did, and what the cost is.
[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

SELfor50

Quote from: oscar on 16 May 2007, 01:12 AM
Nice one Cam

Are you doing the other things mentioned in the near future or are they planned for whenever you can afford time and money to do them?

Front shocks will be next week sometime...already got the rear shocks done last month. was only $200 for Gabriel shocks.
Exhaust will probably be next month...damn those monthly pays.
And then stereo / wheels will be the month after that.
Considering doing the re-spray myself (well with a mate who's already done his car) so see how that goes.

When i get the car back today, i'll chuck some photo's up.

As for MB, they did the 4 x Slides / guides, Chain, Chain Tensioner, Cam sprockets & a wheel alignment.
comes to $1100 on the knocker, i pick it up this arv.  Can't wait!

Quote from: oscar on 16 May 2007, 01:12 AM
My guess is you'll get carried away with just how it is and wont want to hand it into a shop again for a fair while. ;D
I'm thinking the same thing...   ;D

Brian Crump

Sounds like quite a reasonable cost there - enjoy the beast!!
Regards,
BC

john skene

If you have a European import it probably has the high compression high power motor, which feels very torquey to drive compared to the Australian anti-pollution motors. If you actually have a stuck hydraulic tappet try a cup of automatic transmission fluid in the oil, it should clean it out quickly.

7mercs

Hi Cam what a bargain cant help with the noise but one of the other members will probably have the answer,as for the badge take it off and let them guess.Hope the paint job works well;Dave.