News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

350se dies when warm

Started by milo, 03 April 2020, 06:55 AM

milo

more

milo

In case its of use to anyone.

Randys01

.mmm it's all fairly crusty looking..I see plenty of "moments of truth" even from 12000 miles away!!

WUR 056 is familiar. These are reasonably common and can be reconditioned OK. I note the variable adjustable pin.....they only sort of get the job done coz you can tap them in.  but if you go too far!..you can't readily extract the pin...
I suspect that once we get the FD sorted, WUR will need some TLC.

Altho there is a lot of testing and tlc required, suggest you wait until the whole contraption is re-assembled......systematic diagnosis is exactly that... one recorded step at a time.

You will notice from the diagram  that accompanied your new FPRV that there is crystal clear evidence that your total assembly was obviously missing half the guts... piston valve etc.

Now have you double checked the new one as I suggested to ensure you can see that the inner piston has the little O ring on it?

Meanwhile suggest that whatever else comes on offer, you snaffle that FD from Pasteek. These are gizmos bits you can never have too many of.

revilla

Hi Milo and Randy,

I understand the frustration. I guess it depends on the asking price for the used FD.

But, and I admit this is not my area of expertise, can the plunger be fabricated? I understand there are tight tolerances to hold, but nothing a reputable shop can't accomplish I imagine. 

The spring on the other hand should be the easy part to replicate.

In the Bosch diagram it's items 3 and 4. Also 2 but that's easy.

I keep my fingers crossed for you to get your 350 running as it should.

Cheers

milo

Just a response to all commenting on my issue with the FD .

After buying a scrap FD to examine it was confirmed as I have been saying my spring and piston are present i.e. no guts missing, they are retained with the collar I have posted pics of. This FD is slightly different in design so im not any further forward but at least I have a useless to me spare spring and piston etc.
Cheers.

Randys01

Remove the FPRV assembly inc the main spring and piston from your "new" FD photogragh it and post.
That will tell us what variety of FPRV you have as a new spare.
Presuming it is the same as your old one, when you compare the whole assy with what you retrieved out of the old original one, tell me what's missing?