News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

1980 Electrical System

Started by TNNBENZ, 16 October 2021, 10:34 AM

TNNBENZ

How much different is a 1980 4.5SEL electrical system than 1977 & 1979's ? Will the schematics be close, and are there many newer electrical parts on a 1980 ???
Neglected ~ Rescued ~ 1977 450SEL 4.5L  U.S.A. ver.
Project of Compassion ~ Respect
Silver Green Metallic / Toast
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof

UTn_boy

There will be differences in the engine wiring for emissions, and there will be a difference in the climate control wiring if one or the other has manual climate control or automatic climate control. 

Lighting will be the same, assuming both are U.S. models.  Euro models are different. 

In addition, depending on what electric options the car has will add or subtract to the wiring of the car.  Electric windows, heated seats, (front and/or rear), electrically adjustable rear seat bench, sunroof, in car Webasto heater, ABS, fanfare horns, electric antenna, radio, rear reading lamps. 
1966 250se coupe`,black/dark green leather
1970 600 midnight blue/parchment leather
1971 300sel 6.3,papyrus white/dark red leather
1975 450se, pine green metallic/green leather
1973 300sel 4.5,silver blue metallic/blue leather
1979 450sel 516 red/bamboo

TNNBENZ

Quote from: UTn_boy on 16 October 2021, 06:19 PM
There will be differences in the engine wiring for emissions, and there will be a difference in the climate control wiring if one or the other has manual climate control or automatic climate control. 

Lighting will be the same, assuming both are U.S. models.  Euro models are different. 

In addition, depending on what electric options the car has will add or subtract to the wiring of the car.  Electric windows, heated seats, (front and/or rear), electrically adjustable rear seat bench, sunroof, in car Webasto heater, ABS, fanfare horns, electric antenna, radio, rear reading lamps.
Thank-you ~~~
I ask because I found a 1980 electrical troubleshooting manual very reasonable. I think it may have more photos & repair info than the 1975-79.
Neglected ~ Rescued ~ 1977 450SEL 4.5L  U.S.A. ver.
Project of Compassion ~ Respect
Silver Green Metallic / Toast
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof