News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

1980 300sd climate control

Started by Zaugster, 15 October 2009, 11:52 AM

Zaugster

My '80 300sd turbodiesel's  climate control system does not function. The problem has been traced to the bottom part of the main control unit under the hood up by the firewall on the right side of the vehicle. I've been told that this unit is, in fact, a Chrysler part, and I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to give me the Chrysler part number. Mercedes wants about two thousand dollars for this unit, but I believe Chrysler charges only a fraction of that. Can anyone help me with this?

jdroberson

My climate control didn't work on my 79 300sd when I bought it a couple years ago either.  I don't know the acc servo part number off the top of my head, but I went a different route to fix the issue.  I bought an upgrade from http://unwiredtools.com/accii.asp and it's worked flawlessly ever since.  I imagine the cost of the electric upgrade isn't any more than you'd find a good condition oem replacement, and I feel it's more durable.

Of course with any replacement you're only fixing any problems with the acc servo, not any potential issues with the vacuum system controlling the rest of the climate control funtions.