News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

1973 M/B 450se one owner

Started by Rob Smith, 21 November 2023, 09:55 PM

Rob Smith

Hi All,
I am looking for new engine mounts for my 73' 450se. It seems the right side mount is different than the left side or different part numbers according to my early VIN as I am told. One mount is marked "L" and "R" even though they look the same as best I can tell. Has anyone encountered this issue and any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Smith

daantjie

Not 100% sure but I think the LHS and RHS mounts might have different hardness due to engine movement under load.  Honestly I think this is much of a muchness and using either or or both of 1 is fine.
Try and source from Mercedes directly as aftermarket quality has really taken a dive especially rubber products. Even Lemforder is now considered iffy quality sadly.
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

Rob Smith

Thank you I was hoping for that response. Now if I can just get them out of there.

Rob Smith

Seth Harmon

Quote from: daantjie on 21 November 2023, 10:29 PMNot 100% sure but I think the LHS and RHS mounts might have different hardness due to engine movement under load.  Honestly I think this is much of a muchness and using either or or both of 1 is fine.
Try and source from Mercedes directly as aftermarket quality has really taken a dive especially rubber products. Even Lemforder is now considered iffy quality sadly.
Do you have information about reputable parts sales addresses in the UK?
I really want to buy an LHS for my car but I'm quite concerned about the product quality.

Rob Smith

I got mine from Performance Products for about $20 for the pair.   A little difficult to replace but both fit just fine.
See what happens.

ob Smith

rumb

'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

Rob Smith

They were the Performance Products brand for $8.99 each so I took a chance. I just looked and they are still listed at the same price. Wasn't sure they would fit because my VIN specifies different left and right p/n's but they did fit. I was surprised how far up I had to raise the engine but they fit nicely guess we will se how long they last.

Rob Smith