News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

1973 280SEL (116 025) heater controls / water entry

Started by Frankenstien, 23 April 2010, 12:33 AM

koan

Quote from: joshm on 25 April 2010, 05:19 AM
Hi there, so as not to detract from Frankenstein's problem I've started my own thread, although my appeal to Frankenstein to take a look still stands!  ;D

That's good, the colours and pins I was talking about are the ones at the resistor end anyway but looks like you should be right now.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

Frankenstien

Hey koan ... OK ... will play a hose on the grille while flexing the elephant trunks open to confirm proper drainage ... the problem at my place is not so much dust as tree debris ... the M.-B. has to sit in my driveway under a variety of huge trees - the worst offenders being the broad-leaf maples and their whirly-bird seeds ... the amount and variety of seasonal crap raining down on my equipment is pretty awful.  I try to park the M.-B. on the street where there are no trees in the immediate vicinity but the city and/or the neighbours keep chasing me back on to my driveway which is all directly under trees.  I'm not allowed to cut any trees down here (really wouldn't want to anyway, they are as old as me and then some ... but there are days ...  >:() so must spend a lot of time with the yard blower to keep stuff off equipment.

I hope my windscreen seal is not leaking ... sounds expensive to re-do properly (new glass [mine's gone a few rounds with bad wiper blades], new rubber [a sensible move, no doubt] and the labour [this is not a job I'd try on my own]).  Plus, the point of exit of the rainwater from the blower ducting in the pass. footwell, as described earlier, has me suspicious of the state of all drains concerned.

Will focus on the elephant trunks / heater box drains for now and get back to this thread.

Thanks, FFF

koan

Shouldn't get much rubbish under the grille, there should be a fine mesh screen underneath the chrome part.

Have a few trees here and it's Autumn, lots of leaves but I won't start the clean up until every last leaf and seed is on the ground.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!