News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

Zebrano questions

Started by Denis, 06 July 2006, 03:47 PM

Denis

Hi fellows

Well, Nutz had a start at the subject but it "mutated " into a Rover and MGB craze club ;D

His initial question is interesting as I have also noticed that it is difficult to match Zebrano panels.

And I will add a question of my own : can a bent piece of Zebrano be bent back with steam ? I assume that the varnish must first be stripped. More generally does anyone know how to wirk with this wood and related MBZ panels ?

Been back from hacking the M110 engine - the head is coming off. The removal is made simple by the fact that the timing chain was replaced recently and that taking the link out and marking everything will work well.  just need to be organised and patient.

Imagine, a FREE car with a very recent timing chain  8)

See If i keep going I might end up with a TR3 story with its cardboard transmission covers... :P

Cheers

Denis

Paris, France

alabbasi

Going back on topic, You can have your wood refinished (re-veneered) at Heritage woodworks. Drew is an excellent chap and should be able to match anything you throw at him or even make you something unique. This is what he did in his own 280TE.

And what about France's performance in the world cup semi!
With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

Indeed, alabbasi, you are correct, Drew does astonishingly good work and is a great guy.  He's done wood for several show-winning cars, including I believe some 600s.  In fact, I bought my '77 280SE from him in trade for the engine/4-spd trans out of my wrecked 280SEL and some $.  Speaking of which, I need to see if he can still do that engine swap for me...