News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

Yikes - Body clips NLA?

Started by Rolo, 16 December 2019, 01:02 PM

Rolo

Stupidly caught the side rub strip on my clothes and popped the trim off.  Little red body clips are getting a little loose.  Called dealer to get clips - NLA.  A couple of online parts sources say the same.

There must be an equivalent part.  These are pretty standard looking fasteners.  Anybody find them somewhere else?

daantjie

Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

rumb

If you are referring to the rubber/stainless trim that runs the length of the car the bullet that goes on the trim is A0009888181 and is available from MB, the red hole grommets that go in the door are A0019887681 and are likewise available from MB. 

Tell your parts guy that these are both available.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

Rolo

Thanks, but showing no inventory in US and Germany on the system.

rumb

Not sure where you are looking, They both show available here:

https://partssearch.mercedes-benz-classic.com/parts/result

Just call the classic center to order them.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

UTn_boy

The rule of thumb is that if the Classic parts search RUMB referenced shows a price then the part is, in fact, available.  If there shows to be zero quantity on NETSTAR and PARAGON both in the U.S. and in Germany that doesn't mean they're not available.  The Classic center often times offers parts that the regular dealer networks won't have access to.  This is when and why either you or your dealership have to physically contact the Classic center in order to procure what you're after.  If it makes you feel any better I ordered 20 of these just last week with no issues.  Sometimes the dealership has to place the order regardless of what PARAGON or NETSTAR says regarding quantity.  About 6 times out of 10 when a zero quantity is being showed the part still shows up after the order is placed.  I suppose I could have bought the last bit of them, but highly unlikely.  These same red clip holders are used on models that Classic currently supports.  If for some reason these clips are really out of stock, I believe FEBI made a quality aftermarket version.  Many sellers online or otherwise offer them.  Just bear in mind that you won't always get red ones regardless of where you order them from.  The original red ones were upgraded several years ago and are now white.  Of the 20 I ordered last week I got about half white and half red. 
1966 250se coupe`,black/dark green leather
1970 600 midnight blue/parchment leather
1971 300sel 6.3,papyrus white/dark red leather
1975 450se, pine green metallic/green leather
1973 300sel 4.5,silver blue metallic/blue leather
1979 450sel 516 red/bamboo