News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

worn seats

Started by jjb-w116-hu, 25 October 2010, 09:37 PM

jjb-w116-hu

hi there - is it possible to get new rear seat pads? i think i can acid strip my rusty rear frame of my backrest and the mbtex is good condition however the horsehair long rode off into a crumbled mess inside and the rear seat itself is very very soft.  getting over my four door coup status ;)

i've seen options for front seat springy-ness however is there a rear seat option?

thanks chaps !

WGB

It would be a rare thing for the springs to fail in the rear seat - unless there was prolonged and heavy action in there. ;D

The usual problem is the "horse-hair" pads (made from compressed and rubberised coconut fibre) tend to disappear into dust and for some reason the rears deteriorate much faster than the fronts.

The pads were available at different places on the net but it would probably be better if they were remanufactured using appropriate rubber foam.

Bill

jjb-w116-hu

thanks Bill - my local apparently top notch car interiors people look at me dumbly when i ask them to remanufacture- apparently they need a design? is this really that hard? my rear seat back especially needs it.

Big_Richard

when i had my rear seat redone, the people told me that someone had been in there before, because the "horse hair" pad was gone and had been replaced with some kind of foam.

This was a complete surprise to me as the leather was complete and utter crap, so i assume it happened quite early in the cars life.