News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Wood gear lever.

Started by gregdeklerk, 01 October 2007, 12:54 AM

gregdeklerk

Anyone bought a wooden gear lever? There are quite a few on ebay and I was wondering about the quality, finish and look. They must be nice if the going rate is US$65!!

CraigS

I bought one from the UK. It was 19.99 GBP. Looks good, but I haven't figured out how to install it as yet. The original one is pretty tight and I don't want to put marks on the chrome getting it out. I suspect you have to take the console out and grip it from the base.
[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

Des

www.carshine.com.au also has various different ones with AMG logos, Mercedes logos etc...

WGB

THere was always a display of them at the agents in Perth and they cost a lot more than $65 - 10 to 15 years ago.

Relacement means lifting the console and undoing the three screws that hold the plastic surround/selector without damaging the bulb fitting. Then there is a 15 mm locknut which must be loosened and can be quite tight if it has never been changed and the lever screws out at the base from the selector assembly.

PB's comments about a new knob and old wood - I have a well loved old burl lever sitting in my box of "treasures" which would match tatty wood very well ;D

Bill

SELfor50

I'm still waiting on mine from the UK - looking forward to receiving it... looks sexy in the pics.
I got the zebrano one..

zabenz350se

Guys,
just be carefull when you order via mail or eBay and you only have a pic to see. I bought a burl gear lever via eBay for my 107 to go with the interior of my car - when I did received it it had a MB- emblem inlaid in a gold square on top of the lever ! I wanted a all wood lever and the pic's on eBay only showed the lever from the side , not the top ! >:( Much to much flash in that lever for my taste but seeing that I already paid for it and came all the way from Germany I did use it eventually in my 107 but still do not like it !!!
W108 1969 280S American Lights - Black
W116 1976 350SE American Lights- Light blue
W114 1976 280E - Maroon
W107 1988 300SL UK Import - Light Ivory
2005 Harley Davidson Dyna Low-Rider - Met. Blue