News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

Wood Finished items to suit W116 (Burl / Zebrano)

Started by AMG69, 13 July 2006, 01:48 AM

AMG69

I decided to start a new thread as this has been mentioned elsewhere under a different header; the site I have come across is where you can source everything:

http://storesense2.megawebservers.com/HS2783/Categories.bok?category=W116

http://stores.ebay.com.au/BENZWOOD-COM-214-257-8239_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

They also sell the chrome gear surround!

Cheers

Chris M

sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

Des

Chris are you planning to purschase some extra wood for you 6.9?

My only concern is that the wood will not match up with the original pieces in the car and they too would need to be replaced with brand new pieces.

I think a miss matched look would be worse than leaving things as they are.

AMG69

Des, I agree! I think you'd want to buy the new bits you wanted and then send them and the original Burl from the car to an expert to ensure they all matched....no, I'm not adding anything at the moment, I'm just trying to get the damn car back on the road; I got close - the body shop guys called me last week to say after polishing the car pre handing it back they noted water leaking into the footwell (yeah, the rust they had just removed from that area might have been a hint....... ???)...anyway, more work being done, then a week at the trimmers....MUST have it back by 29 July so Big R and I can can blast through the Graham Farmer Freeway Tunnel side by side with our sports exhausts at full bore on the way to Northam for the German Car Day....(!)

oscar

Quote from: Chris M on 13 July 2006, 07:50 AM
- the body shop guys called me last week to say after polishing the car pre handing it back they noted water leaking into the footwell (yeah, the rust they had just removed from that area might have been a hint....... ???)...

Hi chris, I know I've mentioned this before, but regardless of the rust they've repaired, is it possible that the water's coming from a rusted lap joint in the fresh air intake. 

Most pics of my car still show signs of sealant of all types that others have used to stop water from coming into the footwells without success.  Since I fixed the problem well over a year ago there's been not a drop enter the cabin.  Here's the old link if you're up for a read but click on the photos and you'll get the idea of where I mean.  It's worth a try if they think they've covered every other possibility.  Cheers.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

AMG69

Thanks Oscar - I told him to check that based on your post (which I had remembered!!) ;)

AMG69

Dont worry I wasnt serious - I'm an Officer of the Court dont forget so I'm not intending seriously "blasting" thru; will I depress the throttle momentarily a few times between 60 -80 (legally)...YES!   :D