News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Will W126 seats directly bolt in ?

Started by Nutz, 10 June 2006, 03:49 PM

Nutz

alabbasi

Not sure about w126 seats nuts but I know that one guy put later model w123 seats in his 450SEL and they worked a treat.
With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

OzBenzHead

Quote from: alabbasi on 12 June 2006, 06:43 AM
Not sure about w126 seats nuts but I know that one guy put later model w123 seats in his 450SEL and they worked a treat.

Front might fit, but rear would be too narrow, surely.
[img width=340 height=138][url="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png"]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png[/url][/img]

alabbasi

Your right, the fronts for sure will fit and they look pretty decent too.
With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

Nutz

Thanks guys,

I kinda like the style of the W126 seats for my widebody project. Don't get me wrong though,I do love the style of seats (MB Tex) that came with it but they don't really flow with the rest of the car now.

W126 seats below that I want but in black

HerrBenz

There was a fellow on ebay selling a 1978 6.9 that had w126 seats in it, front & rears.  When I asked if he knew they were not the original seats he simply told me everything on the car was original with 36k miles and that the 6.9 had special seats.  I told him he was cuckoo and that they never came with special seats.  He did end the auction early stating the car was sold.  The auction number 4651791852 lots of pic's so it takes awhile to load.  LOL

oscar

34,000 miles.  That's incredible. Almost unbelievable.  Actually not possible??  It kind of raises another point.  Why bother "saving" a car if no one will believe the mileage when you come to sell.  Enjoy it whilst you can.

I reckon the seats are original but reskinned and here's why.

There's a few uneven seams, the most obvious, the vertical seams above the rear armrest are a bit skewif to each other.  There's no way that would've left the factory that uneven.
Furthermore, the shoulders of the front seats are way to thick to be 126 seats. They've got 116 headrests too, as does the rear.    126 headrests were flat on top. 
The covering's pattern and cut on the seats look very much like early-mid SEL 126's, however the fronts look to bulky and and the top of the rear seat towards the parcel shelf looks too wide to be a 126 rear.

I dunno, the seats look comfy regardless.  I haven't read the listing, it's too bloody long and who really reads the reviews on ebay items.  If the car runs well and doesn't need anything major done, (irrespective of the 34,000M) the current price seems pretty good.
But I'd bet they are 116 seats.

1973 350SE, my first & fave

Papalangi

The seats look kinda poofy, like my recovered velour seats.

Any notice the tail end of the text in italics?
"contact | credits | legal © w116.org This page last modified: 05 February 2006 13:19:00."

Hmm, wonder where he got his info from?

Michael
With saggy seats in Seattle...
'83 300SD, I'm back!  It's the son's new car (12/2020)
1976 450SEL, 116.033  Sold it to buy a '97 Crown Vic.  Made sense at the time.
1971 250C, 114.023
1976 280C
1970 250/8

kenny

Quote from: Big Richard on 24 June 2006, 07:08 PM
Quote from: HerrBenz on 24 June 2006, 12:49 AM
There was a fellow on ebay selling a 1978 6.9 that had w126 seats in it, front & rears.  When I asked if he knew they were not the original seats he simply told me everything on the car was original with 36k miles and that the 6.9 had special seats.  I told him he was cuckoo and that they never came with special seats.  He did end the auction early stating the car was sold.  The auction number 4651791852 lots of pic's so it takes awhile to load.  LOL

Everythings original allright  ::)

Like the single exhaust thats replaced the OEM duel system,
Like the stereo thats not the one that come with the car,
Like the seats that so obviously don't belong in the car because they don't even match the colour of the door trims.

Ill just about guarantee the MILES aren't original either, judging by the condition of that crud bucket. What a crook.

this guy also claimed it not to be a Euro version, but there's an oil cooler next to the radiator. and no ACC
incorrect knob for suspension adjustment on dash.  no way it's original miles