News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

Why Sheep skin seat covers?

Started by Tony66_au, 04 July 2012, 10:03 PM

Tony66_au

Quote from: nw benz on 27 November 2012, 07:22 PM
Pardon my last minute jump in but if you are looking for quality sheepskins located in the US?
If so try   comfysheep.com       (No offence to my mates down under)
They offer outstanding producets from generic fit to custom taylored and the prices are reasonable.
They also offer a nice burgandy color (think wine)
Had a set of skins from them and plan to get another set down the road.
Hope this helps.

LOL No offense taken NW, Local is always better and easier and these days as the US Dollar seems to be consistently 5 to 10% lower than the Aussie Dollar its cheaper to buy US made as well.

the question is, Do they do them in Bright red........................................

JasonP

Mercedes-Benz should have sheep farms. Why not? They could supply customers with their own sheep skins and wool. Genetically modified to match the color scheme.

1979 300SD
Color: 623H "Light Ivory"
1979 300SD
Color: 861H "Silver Green Metallic"
1977 280 E
Color: 606G "Maple Yellow"
-------------------------------------------

powerglide

Most sheep come in an off-white, but sometimes a black one pops up (kind of dark brown, actually).  Never seen a bright red one.
Powerglide

Tony66_au

Quote from: powerglide on 21 December 2012, 07:11 AM
Most sheep come in an off-white, but sometimes a black one pops up (kind of dark brown, actually).  Never seen a bright red one.

LMAO yep yer right........

Off white because of lanolin in the wool, Pink to terracotta if they have been rolling in volcanic clay soil and Brown, bleached brown/Blonde if they have been in the sun a bit.

Im looking for a pic of Chokky the black sheep but photobucket isnt playing ball so I will chuck one up later.

Chokky was used a few days ago to start teaching a smartarse teenager about shearing, my instruction was "Well seeing as you know it all, theres Chokky... Grab her and heres the shears.  Have at it boy!"