News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

Who still has the original first aid kit?

Started by robgee, 10 April 2007, 10:13 AM

robgee

My car is a three owner car and still has the originall first aid kit how many more out there and I mean not opened still in the plastic.
ROB

James R

1978 450SEL 6.9 - GONE!

1979 450SEL - GONE!

Ministrone

Yep mine
I hope I never have to use the 30 year old bandages :-\

Des

Yes both my benzes have the kits, never opened

AMG69

Mine too.  They appear on EBAY all the time; brand new unopened.
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

Mforcer

I have the original kit but it seems the bandage has been used at some point. Styria, I may need to talk to you...

Then again, shouldn't we all have a new first aid kit in our cars? I replaced my fire extinguisher with a new one... nothing worse than an old one when you need it!
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Des

Quote from: Mforcer on 10 April 2007, 08:25 PM
I have the original kit but it seems the bandage has been used at some point. Styria, I may need to talk to you...

Then again, shouldn't we all have a new first aid kit in our cars? I replaced my fire extinguisher with a new one... nothing worse than an old one when you need it!

Yes I wouldn't fancy using 30 year old creams or oitments

Brian Crump

I have the original first aid package. I did have the original fire extinguisher until I kicked the handle while working on the car(pin was missing) and it discharged scattering dogs and people for miles.....at least it worked. Very effective at eradicating spiders lurking under the seat  ::)
Regards,
BC

WGB

I have the original Fire extinguiser which is now quite illegal to use.

I do not have the original First Aid Kit but speaking from a Medical point of view I would query the sterility of any remaining dressings and bangages.

Might be better to store the original somewhere safe and then buy a new one for the car to actually use.

I remember buying one to replace the one not present in my 126 in about 1990 and it cost about $70 at that stage.

Bill

gregdeklerk

All three have the original kits. At the bottom of the 116 kit, I did encounter a sticky waxy substance and it appears to be the wax marking crayon that had melted from the heat. I suspect the crayon should have been chalk as it is in the other 2 cars!!

WGB

Yes - I think its one of those old yellow ones, but haven't looked at it for a while and the car is all masked up.

Bill

WGB

It is bolted to the front of the Passenger seat - not the Driver's seat.

Have a look - I only found mine by accident when I took off my Sheepskins for cleaning.

My 1987 300SE had it on the Driver's seat because it would often unclip itself when I climbed in and out of the car and rattle when I drove along.

Bill

Martin 280s

I have neither the original extinguisher nor 1st aid kit. Over here we have to replace the extinguisher every year or risk a heafty fine. First aid kits are not a legal requirement so get removed from older cars. Who wants out of date medical equipment anyway?

gregdeklerk

None of the SA cars were fitted with fire extinguishers. A doctor friend echoed what Bill said about the old first aid kits - if you are in an accident and use some of those bandages, you will die!!

Danny Berry

Mine has the First Aid kit.
the bandage looks like a prop from The Mummy.