News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Who has their original tool roll?

Started by gregdeklerk, 05 May 2007, 01:30 PM

gregdeklerk

Quote from: Brian Crump on 07 May 2007, 10:00 AM
QuoteRoger: Sounds as though there was confusion between the Benz and the Royce!
No confusion. The previous owner of my car apologised for not being able to include the cotton gloves as he had already used them.
My ML and CLK both came with gloves; the R-R came with its own technician.
Regards,
BC

It must be a German thing! I have never seen gloves with SA 116's. The current Mercedes models come with gloves!

James R

Where is the standard tool kit stored in the car normally ? With the spare wheel ? In the boot lid ?
1978 450SEL 6.9 - GONE!

1979 450SEL - GONE!

Andrew280SEL

Quote from: James R on 08 May 2007, 03:42 AM
Where is the standard tool kit stored in the car normally ? With the spare wheel ? In the boot lid ?

What he said ^
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

gregdeklerk

Andrew280SEL

Er...I shall have to check then... :-[ :P

I don't know if I ever checked there. Slack, I know, but thats how I am.  ;)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'79 450SEL 6.9

Des

you will kick yourself in the head if you get a flat tyre on the mid lands highway in the middle of no where, with no spare, or a spare and no jack or a jack and no wheel wrench.

It pays to check what's floating around in your boot, sometimes you get lucky and someone has left tools or a tin of old biscuits I found once it a Kingswood I bought,

CraigS

Worse than that, is if you have mag wheels with a steel spare and no wheel bolts ! I know - my W123 came without these and a friend of mine was driving it, got a puncture, checked the boot - no wheel brace. Fortunately, he had his own tool kit in the car. Didn't know about the different size bolts, and as soon as he started to drive off, felt a massive vibration and stopped immediately. Cost me a tow truck to his place, another tow truck to a mechanic on the following Monday as he couldn't find the problem, the mechanics fee, plus 5 wheel bolts ! I think this ended up costing me over $300, and all because of 5 bolts and the previous owner obviously taking the bolts out when he/she sold it. Does pay to check !
[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

Andrew280SEL

Quote from: Des on 08 May 2007, 06:47 AM
you will kick yourself in the head if you get a flat tyre on the mid lands highway in the middle of no where, with no spare, or a spare and no jack or a jack and no wheel wrench.

It pays to check what's floating around in your boot, sometimes you get lucky and someone has left tools or a tin of old biscuits I found once it a Kingswood I bought,

Ah, well my dads been in there not very long ago, so I know Ive got a spare tyre.  ;)
But ive never checked myself, and I'm not sure my dad would spot a rolled up tool kit or not.
Will have to look when I think of it.
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'79 450SEL 6.9