News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

What Type Of Interior Do You have

Started by Michel, 08 April 2007, 02:02 AM

Is Your Interior

Leather
MB Tex
Fabric (authentic)
Other (tell us what)

Michel

We have discussed interiors and exteriors and taken polls on colours of exteriors.
I'd like to know what is the most common interior amongst our group.
As you can see, I divided it into four sections: 3 authentics and One encompassing non-original design (even if it is leather).

Let's see what we all have ;D

Andrew280SEL

MB-Tex for me (the 280SEL). (with Sheepskins on all the seats)

Any 116 interior is a good interior!  :) ;D
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

Des

Leather as standard on all aussie 6.9's

would like the seat covers too

James R

My 6.9 has blue velour. Its interesting this because from all the brochures I've been able to find on the net of 6.9s it looks as if leather was standard which makes me wonder why anyone would specify velour instead (which I believe was a no cost option) ? Anyone got an answer to this ?

;)
1978 450SEL 6.9 - GONE!

1979 450SEL - GONE!

Des

velour was more expensive than leather!

I like velour, its nice and soft and comfortable, don't know what it wears like though, can't be as bad as leather cracking in the hot Australian sun.

gregdeklerk

Quote from: James R on 08 April 2007, 02:40 AM
My 6.9 has blue velour. Its interesting this because from all the brochures I've been able to find on the net of 6.9s it looks as if leather was standard which makes me wonder why anyone would specify velour instead (which I believe was a no cost option) ? Anyone got an answer to this ?

;)

James, Velour was a popular option in cold climates, such as yours, as it is warmer and more comfortable to sit on. It is not so great sitting on leather when it is cold, unless you have seat warmers!!

WGB

The velour turned out to be very long lasting in colder climates- but as it was rarely seen in Oz I am not sure how it handled UV.

Bill

James R

Hmm. Interesting. You're right about the UV, Bill. My 450SEL has green velour which has faded (believe the car spent some its time in Spain) whereas my 6.9 has blue velour and has been garaged most of its life in the UK and hasn't faded much at all. Velour does look smart, I think.

James
1978 450SEL 6.9 - GONE!

1979 450SEL - GONE!

CraigS

The velour on mine has not faded as you can see from the photo below and it has been in Australia for all but the first 6 months of it's life (export purchase). The only problem is a water stain on the hat shelf from a leaking rear screen rubber. As most of you will know, these are no longer available, but a company in Germany does have reproductions - with the first aid box door. I have samples of 4 colours which I need to match to my floor carpets, then I will probably buy a new one. They are EUR 85, but postage is an additional EUR 65.

[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

James R

Your car is in great condition, Craig, and a perfect colour combination too. Can you share with us the supplier of the hat shelf. Mines not in bad condition but its the only part of the car that doesn't appear to have ever been hoovered out - about 3mm thick with dust. Might be just as easy to get a new one.

Thanks,

James
1978 450SEL 6.9 - GONE!

1979 450SEL - GONE!

Ministrone

Mines a bit of a mixture.

I know its not everybodies taste but I love the green  ;D

Des

Ministrone, I love it

That colour combination would look perfect in my 861 Silbergrun car

love the completeness of it, the dash, the trim etc..

gregdeklerk

It is very "70's". I like the green too.

I'm becoming a bigger fan of the green interior since it's what's in my 350SE.  But...there's nowhere to vote plaid/vinyl combo on the poll, which is what both of my 116s have...you can tell it was started by a 6.9er  :P

James R

That looks great. What is that called ? It is clearly MB tex with cloth but what is its correct name ?
1978 450SEL 6.9 - GONE!

1979 450SEL - GONE!