News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Warm up regulator / update on AMG 6.9 restoration

Started by AMG69, 25 September 2006, 09:36 PM

AMG69

Well, having read all about WUR's recently on this site and the M100 site, my car barely made it home from its 4 months stay at the body shop and I just managed to limp to "the Star Shop" in Osborne Park (WA); best looking car there but not going anywhere  :-[;  what a suprise - the WUR had given up! Anyway, according to Herbert at the Star Shop there is a guy in Adelaide who rebuilds them for $225 exchange versus a new price of $A800.  Problem solved.   :D  Car now not only looks sensational (sorry Styria not sure I have actually raved about the AMG spoiler - its looks great fitted!!) after a complete head to toe restoration - but goes well too!! I'm a very happy 6.9 owner today!

Only other feedback I have is that with the complete new carpet set we sourced via GAHH in the USA it was very difficult for the trimmer to fit the velour sections that go on the bottom of the dash and the footwell kick panels.  The previous "restoration" (!) had included a loop style carpet on all these areas that was murder to remove and replace with velour; in addition the velour is difficult to mould in these areas...would welcome Parks and Styria's advice here......?  I'll finally get around to updating the Gallery with photos of the finished restoration next week - I'm heading off East for a week to watch the AFL Grand Final amongst other things!

cheers
Chris M
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

Bandolero

Hi Chris,
Can you tell me who in Adelaide does the repairs to the WUR, please.
Russell Bond - (Adelaide, South Australia)
1978 450SEL 6.9 .... #5166 .... 12/78 (Sold.) [url="//www.ezycoat.com.au"]www.ezycoat.com.au[/url]

AMG69

hmm, not sure - but I bet if you call Herbert or Shaun at the Star Shop on 08 9445 7988 they'll tell you!

AMG69

Thanks Parks! For some reason we didnt get backless carpet (despite it being German velour).  We ended up doing those kick panel in a different (black) backless carpets as with the dash.  As the seats are black leather it all looks fine! Very happy and will send photos as soon as I get some spare time!

Des

Chris did you consider at all one of the performace WUR mentioned on the M100 site?

AMG69

Des, very very briefly (!).  To be honest I wanted the car back on the road and I new I might need to do a bit of work finding someone here in Perth who new how to set it all up (based on the difficulties experienced in the USA). 
Chris