News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

W116 sticker quest

Started by floyd111, 18 March 2016, 09:22 PM

raueda1

Quote from: floyd111 on 20 April 2018, 05:38 PM
This thread sure could do with a revival, a re-cap and a reality check, to find out what work has been done, and what is to follow still, in order to get this W116 sticker collection complete and available to the public..
Agreed.  I too am interested.
-Dave
Now:  1976 6.9 Euro, 2015 GL550
Before that:  1966 230S, 1964 220SE coupe, 1977 Carrera 3.0

Braminator123

Hello everyone,

Such a vast amount of effort and time has been dedicated to enlightening us all globally on W116 stickers and all the permutations.

THANK YOU.

I wondered whether anyone was still planning to reproduce some of these stickers to keep the W116 models looking as good as they do?

I do understand that this is a personal project for some of our fellow members.

Happy motoring! 

Warm regards.

floyd111

I heard you. I'm one of those that most need to complete my sticker set, if I am ever to present a 0-mile W116.
I started the thread way back for just that purpose, quickly finding out that finding samples of the originals is but a first step. To reproduce them properly , some are paper, some metallic, some plastic or plastified. Then, there are unique stickers to certain W116 classes, creating quite a range of stickers to be produced, and not cheap. I am probably best situated when it comes to having these reproduced.. Taiwan, home of the plastics, and all!
Service is proper, quick and affordable, but just like abroad there is a 100-1000 sticker minimum. Great if you need 1000 of each. Not great of you need less than 50 of each, in 100 types/formats.

I think along the way there have been members who indicated they would want a full sticker set, but is it a big enough group? And what would be their budget for a full class-specific sticker set? Should we have a poll?
I wouldn't mind the work of collecting and reproducing stickers for my own- and other classes, or prepaying for the lot. -or shipping them. I wouldn't mind losing some money on it either, since it solves an important problem I need to solve.
But, normally, my 1978 280S/SE -specific stickers are the ones  that I would  have reproduced.
With some confirmation that there will be enough takers, it would not be a big next step to expand to V8 class sticker sets.
Basically, we would need to revisit this topic from scratch, do a stocktake of what the interest is, and what is reuired to get to a succesfull end,

floyd111

@Braminator On my side, I have a big bag with most of the w116 stickers, but they are some knockoff, which I was prepared for, but yet had to see myself.
i also have a couple of originals, but not many, and in all I have nothing for sale.

marku

If you are going to accept reproductions why not print your own? Plenty of adhesive plastic sheet for inkjet, laser etc. All you need is a set of good examples.
1974 450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof

ekipe

Quote from: floyd111 on 04 March 2021, 08:14 PM
I heard you. I'm one of those that most need to complete my sticker set, if I am ever to present a 0-mile W116.
I started the thread way back for just that purpose, quickly finding out that finding samples of the originals is but a first step. To reproduce them properly , some are paper, some metallic, some plastic or plastified. Then, there are unique stickers to certain W116 classes, creating quite a range of stickers to be produced, and not cheap. I am probably best situated when it comes to having these reproduced.. Taiwan, home of the plastics, and all!
Service is proper, quick and affordable, but just like abroad there is a 100-1000 sticker minimum. Great if you need 1000 of each. Not great of you need less than 50 of each, in 100 types/formats.

I think along the way there have been members who indicated they would want a full sticker set, but is it a big enough group? And what would be their budget for a full class-specific sticker set? Should we have a poll?
I wouldn't mind the work of collecting and reproducing stickers for my own- and other classes, or prepaying for the lot. -or shipping them. I wouldn't mind losing some money on it either, since it solves an important problem I need to solve.
But, normally, my 1978 280S/SE -specific stickers are the ones  that I would  have reproduced.
With some confirmation that there will be enough takers, it would not be a big next step to expand to V8 class sticker sets.
Basically, we would need to revisit this topic from scratch, do a stocktake of what the interest is, and what is reuired to get to a succesfull end,

Sorry for resurrecting this thread. But I am certainly interested in a full set for my 75 450SEL