The Holy Grail - A GENUINE AMG 6.9 Instrument Cluster (0-300kmhr) on EBAY

Started by AMG69, 17 February 2008, 03:29 AM

oscar

Thanks for the update Bill.  I'm hangin for a pic. ;D  I've been in contact with them and will send mine off tomorrow.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

oscar

WGB

No cruise control connectors on back so can't be a 6.9.

There is a vague part number on the box - will check my EPC in a few days time.

Bill.

koan

I received my speedo face today. I haven't been over it with microscope but it all appears to be in order. Apparently a new silkscreen was needed as the old one had been damaged from overwork (actually cleaning).

koan

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

WGB

I'm very happy with mine and I like the fact that you see more usable dial through a small wheel more and more.

Bill

WGB

As a post script I finally found my old Road Angel with Sat-nav speedo and on a magnificent Azzure Spring Perth Day drove back to work after lunch and found the recalibrated 300Km/hr speedo was within 1 to 2 K of the Satnav speedo at all speeds up to 80km/hr.

This is actually more accurate than all my new cars where the discrepancy is usually about 4 k over the same speed ranges.

Bill

oscar

That's pretty good WGB. 

Mine's still way out and I haven't felt like pulling it out again to recalibrate it properly yet.  Though I did go through a 50km/h speed trap last week and am anxiously waiting to see whether my photo was taken.  An indicated 50 on the speedo equals 60+ and I think I was doing just under an indicated 50.  Didn't see a flash but not sure whether the cop's camera cars have them these days.

koan

Quote from: oscar on 18 August 2008, 02:13 AM

An indicated 50 on the speedo equals 60+ and I think I was doing just under an indicated 50.  Didn't see a flash but not sure whether the cop's camera cars have them these days.

Expensive calibration method.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!