The Holy Grail - A GENUINE AMG 6.9 Instrument Cluster (0-300kmhr) on EBAY

Started by AMG69, 17 February 2008, 03:29 AM

WGB

There is definitely a Speedo restoration place in California that advertised silk screen printed faces for speedos and as Koan says the speedo is easy to have calibrated.

Bill

CraigS

[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

WGB

AMG69

Appears SOLD to a guy in Germany who is "AMG'ing" his W123 Coupe........hmmm......and he paid... $US995.

Over $A1000.

Idiot.

And Nathan, yes, I can say that as Bill has my old car and I dont have to even think about the stress I would have been under if i still owned it and I saw that item on EBAY  ;D ;D
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

nathan

Chris,
there wouldnt have been any stress as you know you would have had to have bought it!!
only stress would have been not letting the boss find out. ;)
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

WGB

You've reminded me to ring "Arnie" at the speedo shop to see what is happening with my repro/counterfeit/copy - I forgot last week.

The only free time I have to drive up there is Wednesday afternoon and this week we are expecting the imminent arrival of Kay's new ML 320CDI (Tomorrow is "arrival" day) so Wednesday afternoon is booked in expectation of the delivery.

A week ago I was at dinner along with Herbert from the Star Shop and he gave "Arnie" a good report as being the best in town.

Bill

AMG69

Bill, I hear the ML is now available with the new 5litre 298kw V8?  Tempted to hand the keys to yours to Kay and order the new one for your self??   :D :D

WGB

I showed Kay your post Chris and she says P**s off.

The ML 500 has been available with the 5.5 litre 286kw V8 since August last year and it was an option to wait another 6 months when I ordered mine the year before. But then the AMG ML 63 was almost/nearly/possibly in budget when I ordered mine 18 months ago.

Kay was in love with her ML270CDI and it was only the fact that it was 5 years old and time for a change, and the fact that she realised when we were at your place picking up the 6.9 that I had had 6 cars since she purchased hers, that extricated her out of it.

She likes the way the diesels drive as well as the fuel consumption. Her ML 270 had a lifelong fuel consumption of 9.9 litres /100km and the expectation is the new one will be similar. My ML500 has so far averaged 14.9 litres/100kmin in it's first 25,000 km.

The 5 litre 223kw V8 in mine is probably faster than I need and with the 7 speed auto is quick enough off the mark at the lights and probably quicker than most in the wet and runs happily on 95 octane unleaded. The 286kw motor is recommended to use 98 which is a little dearer and a little harder to find. I also tend not to suffer much from envy and am generally happy with what I've got.

I'm not sure what my next car will be but I tailored the finance so that I could get out of the deal at the 2 1/2 year mark if I wish rather than run my usual 4 year cycle as I am not naturally a "Soccer Mums Car" driver but I am finding the ML 500 a rewarding drive - particularly when I can use the Sport setting on the air-suspension for Mundaring Weir Rd and give most so-called Sports car drivers a fright in their rear vision mirror.

My natural inclination is to get a CLS500 but at around$190,000 on the road I could be driving a better specced ML63 with a lot of change in my pocket or even a near new CLS63. Too far away at the present time to call.

We also have the lingering problem of Kay's health so this new car is also a celebration of the remaining future.

Bill

AMG69

Nicely put!

Ofcourse I know Kay must have also contemplated a 6.9 after seeing / being chauffered in yours!  ;D

cheers

Chris

WGB

The new 320CDI is booked for pickup at 4pm on Wednesday so I might have time for a quick run up to the speedo shop if they have anything to show.

Bill

WGB

I contacted David at "Applied Instruments " today and asked about speedo progress.

He said that he was snowed under and as well needed a digitised copy of the AMG logo.

Does anyone have a digitised copy of the AMG logo of any size that I can forward on to him - or I will scan one in myself from a catalog or photo.

He also said that once he has made this one for me he will be happy to make others for half price if a face is supplied.

As I have been quoted $220 to have my face made I guess he wants $110 per copy of my copy.

I said interested people would be contacting him direct after we see what sort of a job he makes of mine.

Bill

AMG69

Agreed.  Me too. You know , just in case I find myself behind the wheel of one again some day ::)

Lucho

what about the AMG side skirts they are as rare arnt they ?

WGB

Update on 300Km/hr Speedo.

Apparently the artwork is finished but he is having problems finding the correct M-B Fluoro Orange colour for the 50 to 60 km sector.

Apparently it is not an easy silkscreen dye to find.

He said he has a couple of Silk-screen printer acquaintances and is going to ask them.

Apparently normal paint will not do the job.

Bill

nathan

bill,
sounds like a bit of the old, "mercedes heh?" = $$$ to me ;)
will be cool to see how the finished product turns out!
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te