News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

Stalk/Cruise/Light Panel Restoration

Started by mfeuro, 23 November 2021, 01:59 AM

mfeuro

Dear Owners,

Posting here for the first time & wanted to share a decal kit for the turn signal stalk + light panel for w116 Mercs. This is an informative post with supporting pictures so if you have questions please respond or send me a direct PM.

Pictures show the decals installed so you can see the final product. A big plus is that you can use your original & known working electrical parts instead of buying used or expensive new units.

Hope this is helpful and looking forward to sharing more information and answering questions.

-Mo

ptashek

Is this a product you have developed and are offering for sale, or what's the context?
This is actually something I'd be interested in - I have spare stalks that have worn decals.
Are these just classic transfer paper decals, or stickers?

What would be even cooler would be a set of decals for the instrument cluster panels.
Only the left panel is still available new from Mercedes. While these don't wear as such, the decals get "brittle" are easily damaged when the panels are handled, e.g. when disassembling the cluster for cleaning, refurbishing etc. I've learned the hard way on a spare unit.
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

mfeuro

Quote from: ptashek on 23 November 2021, 02:10 PM
Is this a product you have developed and are offering for sale, or what's the context?
This is actually something I'd be interested in - I have spare stalks that have worn decals.
Are these just classic transfer paper decals, or stickers?

What would be even cooler would be a set of decals for the instrument cluster panels.
Only the left panel is still available new from Mercedes. While these don't wear as such, the decals get "brittle" are easily damaged when the panels are handled, e.g. when disassembling the cluster for cleaning, refurbishing etc. I've learned the hard way on a spare unit.

Hi Ptashek,

The decal is like a transfer style decal and looks like paint when applied.  It is very effective and a little spray of clear-coat like Tamiya TS80 (shown in picture) and your stalk will look new for a long time.

I also have this kit in RHD -- please take a look at the picture here:

I can PM you regarding buying such a kit -- yes, I make them and offer the kits for sale but the real goal is to let owners know there is such an option.

I will also discuss the instrument panel decals with you -- although difficult, we can chat more to see if reproduction is possible.

Thanks for your message,

- Mo