News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

Speakers

Started by hi ho, 21 December 2010, 11:59 PM

hi ho

Hi Guys
I've tried to do a search for 'Speakers' in the Search section - but no result comes up (even tried 'lights' and no result) - something must be amiss so...

Have a set of new speakers to place in the rear parcel tray. It looks to me as though they'll fit inside the cavity left by the originals, however I cannot screw them in
due to the inability to get a drill in to redrill new holes (the windscreen doesn't allow it). Anyone found a way without putting them in a box?

goldacre

Pop down to a shop that sells gadgets and by an electric engraver (cheap dentist drill) with the assorted bits for the business end and work through a hole and screw away, so to speak...  ::)

G
12/1979 450 SEL 148K on clock (museum piece)
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)

Nutz

s class

And a cheaper alternative for occasional use, is one can get 90-degree gearboxes that mount into the chuck of conventional drills to achive the same result .

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

hans moleman

I have used the cheap-o 90 degree gearbox and it works well even on hardened metal (don't ask) plus it has a very low profile.

hi ho

Thanks guys - love that drill!