News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Seats

Started by marku, 31 March 2020, 02:14 PM

marku

Have looked for a long time at the faded vinyl (MBtex?) infill to the velour seating. It had really faded to a very peculiar colour so got some spray vinyl dye. Thought of a stronger colour at first but did not look good so settled for the nearest to the original. Not quite a match but pleased with the finish. Brightens up the interior considerably.
1974 450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof

adamb

marku

I would but it is a bit of a pain or I have always found it so. Perhaps there is an easier way?

adamb

Attaching images is easy, just use the Attach function at the bottom as per the pic I'm attaching. You can add more than one by using more attachments below the box,

marku

Yes thanks for that but my problem is that my file sizes are too large and the forum will not accept them. Yes I could reduce the size but as my phone will not do it I have a transfer them elsewhere. That's the problem and that is just too much bother.

mrkozzy

If you are using an android Phone just install a "photo reducing app"  such as QReduce lite, or similar.

I'm taking 5 to 7 MB work pics all the time and reducing them (on the phone) to 50Kb for uploading or sending to colleagues.

Good for the forum too.

Just a thought
MrKozzy

marku

And a very good thought too. I will have a try it is a particular problem, not only with the forum, but we have an abysmal line speed, the downside of living in the countryside and with an archaic phone system, and it can take nearly an hour sometimes to upload. So will experiment thanks

3l33ter

Reduce the resolution in your camera, and then take new pics. It will result in smaller files.

Because a thread like this is useless without pics! ;)
'75 280S
'77 6.9
'82 300TD

marku

The problem was using a phone. Anyway it is solved and reposted with photos.

floyd111

OK.. but where? ;D

marku

john erbe

keep in mind that photo will not show-up in your draft but will appear when posted.

marku

Quote from: john erbe on 12 June 2020, 09:56 PM
keep in mind that photo will not show-up in your draft but will appear when posted.

Yes bit confusing that.