News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Saving Post

Started by TNNBENZ, 10 November 2021, 11:37 AM

TNNBENZ

How do I save a post ?  I only see a NOTIFY BUTTON & MARK AS UNREAD.   I clicked unread button & do not have time 2 c if that worked !!!
Neglected ~ Rescued ~ 1977 450SEL 4.5L  U.S.A. ver.
Project of Compassion ~ Respect
Silver Green Metallic / Toast
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof

ptashek

Quote from: TNNBENZ on 10 November 2021, 11:37 AM
     How do I save a post ?  I only see a NOTIFY BUTTON & MARK AS UNREAD.   I clicked unread button & do not have time 2 c if that worked !!!

Yet you have time to write a question ;)

There's no save functionality as such. You can save the post as a bookmark in your web browser.
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

TNNBENZ

Quote from: ptashek on 10 November 2021, 01:29 PM
Quote from: TNNBENZ on 10 November 2021, 11:37 AM

Yet you have time to write a question ;)

There's no save functionality as such. You can save the post as a bookmark in your web browser.
I have time 2 post because I am not making any progress @ the moment.  Also took time to post hoping it would save time in immediate future because not many members are replying to my posts........ The ones that do respond it may take them several hours because they work , etc... So I post ahead of time about things hoping I will get a response quicker.
     I am slowly beginning to think that some members expect you to follow their advice with no questions asked.   I ask a lot of questions because I want to know why I am doing something, and if it contradicts other information I may have read.  I maybe wrong entirely to this slow or no response to my posts.   
    Currently I am prying on plastic trim covering the chrome trim on the front windshield to unscrew the trim so I can  remove the front windscreen.  I removed the back trim & discovered there are at least 2 clips missing that secure the trim on !!!   I hope I can find the clips and rivet them on.  If I install windscreen now will I be able to add clips later ?

Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof

rumb

" Currently I am prying on plastic trim covering the chrome trim on the front windshield to unscrew the trim"

The side "long triangle trim" on either side of the WS I think has screws or? holding them on. You may be referring to the aluminum cover on these pieces.  Yes they do pry out easily with a plastic pry tool. There is a nylon clip that holds them on that often perishes over time, easily replaced with new ones.

The windshield trim is held into the rubber seal.  You can cut the old rubber off with an utility knife all around the WS next to the trim and then carefully pry the trim out. Be careful not to bend the trim. When reinstalling the trim has to be put in the rubber b4 you re install the WS.

The rear window has trim clips.  Yes, those can be replaced after the new seal/window is installed. They are pop riveted on. MB sells both. Note there are 2 different style clips back there.

Regarding forum responses.  There are a lot of extremely knowledgeable folks here that have been there and done that on every inch of these cars. I would weigh their responses heavily, especially over u-tubers.

You should purchase a set of repair manuals for you car.  They are extremely useful and show in detail how to remove/replace most every part of the car. It's a 2 volume set.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/393512409550?hash=item5b9f2ad9ce:g:92IAAOSwV9VhGtkc

Of course pls post your questions here as needed.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

TNNBENZ

rumb you are a big help n a not so good day..........really very hectic & lots  not going as planned.   really you have lifted my spirits I I do seriously thank-you........
     I have at least  5 or six official  Merc manuals.  Most all on W116 & M116 .   This is why I act like I know what is going on ................somtimes...............must get back 2 it.............thankz so much.............
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof

ptashek

Take some time to use the search function as well. There's posts going back at least 15 years, and many questions have been answered multiple times in depth, which is why answers may not always be coming readily.
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

goldacre

Saving post try this I learnt at Uni...

Hold down SHIFT  key then press letter 'P' it will give you all print options then select either print to pdf or save to pdf and then select file to save to and you will get a pdf file of whole page of thread.

If you only want your posts copy paste from saved pdf to a Word doc and presto you have it.

I did this a while back and it worked well. On some websites with lots of advertising it can get messy but lucky for us the person who runs W116.org has not gone down that line God bless  8)

JG
12/1979 450 SEL 148K on clock (museum piece)
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)

TNNBENZ

Quote from: ptashek on 10 November 2021, 04:37 PM
Take some time to use the search function as well. There's posts going back at least 15 years, and many questions have been answered multiple times in depth, which is why answers may not always be coming readily.
I type " stuck door" or  "door will not open" in the search tab, and I get 500 results for stuck or door, or will .  Yes I do get what I need sometimes.
     When I find a good post ( which is often )  I want to save it for help later.   I was told 2 bookmark the page........
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof