News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

Rubber boot mat

Started by gregdeklerk, 27 February 2007, 01:29 AM

oscar

FWIW, I have rubber mat underneath a smashing custom cut household loop pile piece thrown over the top by someone other than me. :-\ It's good really, I can throw any oily part in there without worrying about the real trim.  I pulled all the other bits of carpet off  when I was detecting water leaks and haven't bothered to put them back yet.  It's not worth it until the car is complete which will be never.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Brian Crump

OSCAR. OSCAR. OSCAR. I am booking you into the MBNSW concourse for 2008. You will be ready?
BC

oscar

I'm just waiting on the PUB stickers and the "No Fear" transfers, but I'll be there. ;D

Brian Crump

Don't forget the  I got laid at the Conargo B & S.....sticker and maybe a few tatts? ;D ;D ;D ;D
BC
PS - sure you can't make Auto Italia?

oscar

Don't want to commit then disappoint.  But I'm working on it. :)

Brian Crump

We would be truly delighted if you could make it.
BC

gregdeklerk

I will come, but only if you guys promise to come to our get togeather!!

Des

My 1979 450SEL 6.9 has the rubber mat and then the carpet over the top, see a trend developing here?

My W123 230 just has a rubber mat.

Brian Crump

We will and we would be delighted to welcome you. The problem is simply that Oscar is 7.5 hours drive from Sydney and another 3 hoours on to Canberra for Auto Italia. It's the Tyranny of Distance that stands in the way. You would have a similar problem in South Africa, I guess. For people to come from Perth it would be 42 hours driving non-stop....
I would love to see us have an international get-together!!! That would be way cool.
B and S by the way, stands for  Bachelor and Spinsters Ball - an Australian country institution that the police are killing with targeted breath testing....is nothing sacred?
Regards,
BC

gregdeklerk

Brian, I think South Africa would be the perfect venue, as we are right in the middle between US/Europe and Aus!! Would be happy to host if anyone is interested.

oscar

Quote from: gregdeklerk on 02 March 2007, 02:51 AM
Brian, I think South Africa would be the perfect venue, as we are right in the middle between US/Europe and Aus!! Would be happy to host if anyone is interested.

In that regard, Aus is in the middle between US, Europe and SA. :D

But I'd rather go overseas.  Wish I could bring the car along.

gregdeklerk

OK Oscar, fair comment. Although it is an idea we have stumbled upon, it is something I would like to do in the future and I think we should give some serious thought to it!! Lets get the grill badge project finished first.

Greg

Brian Crump

Oscar - you can take the car. You just need to be rather wealthy... :'( :'( :'(
BC

Andrew280SEL

Quote from: WGB on 27 February 2007, 01:55 AM
My 1979 car has a rubber mat and then on top of it is a carpet that matches the colour of the side trims in the boot

Bill

Same here. Of course my car is also a '79 too.
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

Bandolero

"I used to carry about 5 different types of oil.. Not anymore, 8 months and counting, no drops on driveway, no change in any oil levels "

You "Wally!!"
You have now put a HEX on your car!!!....LOL ...lots of leaks coming!!
Russell Bond - (Adelaide, South Australia)
1978 450SEL 6.9 .... #5166 .... 12/78 (Sold.) [url="//www.ezycoat.com.au"]www.ezycoat.com.au[/url]