News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

Roof gutter rubber

Started by Mforcer, 17 April 2007, 07:10 PM

WGB

Hi Koan,

I followed the manual and can't remember now.

If you look at the photos the clips go into three wider flanged areas in the rear of the fillet.

I think I placed a plastic wedge under the top tip  of the fillet and pushed up.

Mine had been removed before and were not very tight.

?Lucky Bill

gregdeklerk

Koan, here is the trick:

The metal piece is held in place by 3 clips. One at the top, one in the middle and one at the bottom. Use a plastic wedge to loosen the top and middle clips. Get the wedge in at the top and just slide it down to the middle and the top 2 clips should be loose. Then grip the metal part and slide it up out of the bottom clip.

Hope this helps.

koan

OK, thanks for the tips, I'll have another go this weekend.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

koan

I took one off this morning, easy when doing it the right way, thank you.

Mine are slightly different from the ones in WGB's pictures, they don't have the projection with two holes at the bottom, mine is a smaller projection with no holes.

It goes back on and fits well - until the fourth self tapper is screwed in (very bottom hole in WGB's pictures, it pulls the trim into contact with the windscreen chrome piece.

Should there be a spacer or something there, the rubber gasket is only slightly thicker there, is that right?

koan

WGB

Hi Koan,

I don't remember any spacer being there.

Bill

koan

Quote from: WGB on 21 April 2007, 09:11 AM

I don't remember any spacer being there.

The gap at the top is good, about 3mm, at the bottom with the 4th screw in there is no gap, something must be bent, it's the same on both sides.

Thanks

koan.

WGB

I've had a look at mine in the daylight and there is another strip of foam which is glued to the right angled side that bolts against the door aperture in addition to the lasrge rubber gasket.

My plate seems to fit snugly but I didn't try too hard as I don't want to scratch my primer.

Bill

koan

Quote from: WGB on 21 April 2007, 11:41 PM

I've had a look at mine in the daylight and there is another strip of foam which is glued to the right angled side that bolts against the door aperture in addition to the lasrge rubber gasket.

I have that bit of foam as well as the gasket. After looking today, it might be that the windscreen and therefore the trim round it is not sitting correctly. The windscreen has obviously been replaced - using the old rubber seal!

koan