News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Removal and Replacement of the windshield - 116 280SE

Started by polymathman, 17 December 2015, 02:31 PM

UTn_boy

I'd definitely like to know exactly what they did.  We all know what was incorrect on their old ones, and I want to make sure that ALL of those areas of interest have been addressed.  What they should do is physically install one of their seals on to a W116 chassis and see just how good or bad it fits. 

The funny thing is, I got the same story regarding the sunroof seals.  "Our engineering dept. was actually already working on this particular seal.  As a result we had a new production sample with the necessary corrections already made and pending engineering approval.  It was approved for production today and all our old inventory will be scrapped..  It's like a "cookie cutter" response to make believe that something is happening.  Again, when I can see that they're really trying, I'll be more inclined to work with them.  I'v had the windshield out in this particular W116 three times.  I'm not doing it again.  So they're welcome to send a "re-designed" seal when they're ready, but i may not be able to test it for a while.  Maybe one of you other fellas will have the opportunity to try it our sooner. 
1966 250se coupe`,black/dark green leather
1970 600 midnight blue/parchment leather
1971 300sel 6.3,papyrus white/dark red leather
1975 450se, pine green metallic/green leather
1973 300sel 4.5,silver blue metallic/blue leather
1979 450sel 516 red/bamboo