News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

Received my Data Cards

Started by WGB, 13 February 2008, 04:14 AM

WGB

Yes - but if you still have the originals you are lucky.

Bill

zedster

I faxed MB USA Customer Relations as well requesting the original window sticker, otherwise known as the Monroney label, as well as any other information/history they may have.

Fax # 201-476-6213
1979 450 SEL "Spinne Blaue"

brettj

I didn't know that MB has copies of window stickers! Let us know what you come up with on that. My window sticker was tossed along with  the guarantee booklet years ago. I still have my original data cards, 2 white copies and one pink copy and all of the other manuals and  pamphlets that came with the car right down to  the Illustrated Parts Catalog. My uncle did keep record of what was paid for my 1975 450SE which may be of interest:

Car was ordered for European delivery in Sept 1974, picked up in Germany in October 1974

Car--- $14,830

Consular Fee - $2.50

Transfer Fee-- $20.00

Shipping --- $433.44

Customs --- $420.00

Sales Tax --- $431.52

Registration --- $8.00

Extra Wheels and Mats --- $63.64

Additional Insurance --- $30.00

Total -- $16,239.10

From what I understand the European Delivery program saved us a couple of thousand dollars as the list price for the 75 450SE was$17,713 on the East Coast USA.

macatron

Quote from: zedster on 18 February 2009, 06:41 PM
I faxed MB USA Customer Relations as well requesting the original window sticker, otherwise known as the Monroney label, as well as any other information/history they may have.

Fax # 201-476-6213

Very interesting...  I had heard somewhere that those only existed at the dealer level and the original dealer of my car is no longer around.  I, too, am very interested to know what you come up with.

zedster

I have not got anything back from Germany yet (I am sure they will send me something very similar) but this is what Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC sent me.

Letter from Mercedes

Sorry, I do not know how to post pics or docs to the gallery.

They say my interior is red leather, that would be ugly on a Grey Blue Metallic paint job. My interior is blue.

pez

The data card program is handled by the Classic Center, which is also one of the best places to get parts.

oscar

Red leather!!! Oh hell no.  I have to disagree.  I would lurv a red interior.  Doesn't matter what the outside was because you wouldn't notice it anyway.  You'd be sitting in a sea of red oblivous to the duco.  8)

BTW, 15" alloys??  Did I read that right and have you still got them on.  Zedster, they can be worth  a few $.  The Classic Center that pez mentions sells a new set for nearly $2000US.  Used ones, well I don't know.  They're rare regardless.  14" alloys are plentiful and used ones go for not much at all. 
1973 350SE, my first & fave

zedster

My father bought the car in 1999 with 26k miles on it (currently has 40,100) and it had the 14 inch wheels then. I think the Classic Center is wrong on that too. I have checked the tag on the car and it lists 205/70R/14 for tires. I recently bought some refinished 14" rims for her and know what you mean about the price (I paid $200 for 4).

brettj

My 450SE has a red MB Tex interior and I love it! It looks really nice with the black dshboard and steering wheel. I'm with Oscar, gray blue with red interior would look great! Perhaps your interior was redone in blue at a later date.

Even though I still have my original data cards, the Classics Center sent me a copy of what they had on file. The cards matched 100 percent. I don't think the company records would be wrong.

WGB

The Data card will be correct but their interpretation of the codes may be wrong - have you checked that 202 is really red leather.

I also presume the VIN number is correct.

Bill

CraigS

[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

WGB

Quote from: CraigS on 26 February 2009, 12:28 AM
202 is Blue leather

That sounds more logical.

Suggest you check through the code numbers and see if the explanation is correct for each number.

Bill

zedster

I was just looking at Zagato's post and 202 is blue leather.

zedster

I received another data card from the Classic Center with what looks like the correct data.

Data Card

brettj

Does the Data Card indicate the production number of your car? I thought that it did  within the VIN number but can't remember.