News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Package Shelf Removal

Started by willardtredway, 31 July 2007, 11:40 AM

willardtredway

If anyone has advice, instructions, tips for removing the rear package shelf for a 1979 6.9 I would appreciate the help. It's time to replace the fabric and I don't want to get started and then have to backtrack because I've done the removal out of sequence.

nathan

thats one impressive collection of cars willard...the 5 litre 107 and 124s!
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

gregdeklerk

Welcome to the forum Willard. Like Michel says, Styria and parks are the upholstery experts here. ;)

willardtredway

Thank you everyone. After taking a close look at the project last weekend, I intuited that, although it was probably not difficult, it was going to be tedious which you have confirmed. Right now the heat index in Houston is hovering at 105 degrees so I think this project will be rescheduled for October so, on to other items on the bottomless list.

willardtredway

I bought the car in late Spring from a gentleman in South Carolina, that's deep East Texas for you out-of-towners. He had a "for sale" posted on the M-100 site, I followed up and after doing some homework purchased the car and drove it back to Houston (900 Miles). The car performed flawlessly and to use my favorite aphorism, it runs like a locomotive on steroids.

I am the third owner, the original owner was a doctor in Pennsylvania. The car is in beautiful, although not original condition and the most previous owner had been entering it in local club shows with modest success. When he determined that he needed to fully detail the engine compartment to the tune of $10,000 USD in order to be seriously competitive, he decided to sell it and get something else. The mileage is a tick under 100K. Astral Silver over Blue. Side view photo now on on my profile summary.

Michael R

Hi, I want to replace the fabric on the rear parcel shelf of my 1978 white / cream velour 6.9 as it is getting a bit faded and old now. I am lin Sydney (Balmain). Do you know of anyone who could do it for me? Thanks heaps for the help.