News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Only if you could ,,,,

Started by albe, 09 January 2012, 01:00 AM

albe

1:What colour w116 and trim would you have pick if you had brought one brand new  ?

2:And what do you have now?

1 For me it would have been white and black trim .

2 I have a white with tobacco trim 280 sel 78 (its growing on me now and I think I like it lol)

sorry if this is posted in wrong topic  ???

Squiggle Dog

1. 300SD with DB479 Walnut Brown paint and 167A MB-Tex Bamboo interior. Then I'd have a second beige paint color added, and I would add 163A Tobacco interior parts. I'd also want a pre-EGR engine, sunroof, roof rack, rear headrests, orthopedic seats, heated seats front and rear, undershields, trunk triangle, chrome fender trim, tow hitch, and badge bar bumper accessory. Then I'd add Euro headlights and convert the power windows, sunroof, and climate control to manual.

2. 1980 300SD with DB479 Walnut Brown paint and 167A MB-Tex Bamboo interior. Was repainted black at some point following a collision and now clearcoat is coming off in sheets while the color coat underneath is bubbling. I've started adding some 163A Tobacco interior parts. Will eventually add pre-EGR manifolds, has a sunroof, installed an original-looking roof rack, have added rear headrests, casually looking for orthopedic parts, have parts necessary to convert to front and rear heated seats, looking for undershields, installed trunk triangle, installed NOS 1980 fender trim, will fabricate a tow hitch, casually looking for badge bar bumper parts, and have installed special 6.9 bumpers. Have already added Euro headlights, converted to manual windows and sunroof, have partially converted climate control to manual.
Stop paying for animal cruelty and slaughter. Go vegan! [url="https://challenge22.com/"]https://challenge22.com/[/url]

1967 W110 Universal Wagon, Euro, Turbo Diesel, Tail Fins, 4 Speed Manual Column Shift, A/C
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel, DB479 Walnut Brown, Sunroof, Heated Seats, 350,000+

Big_Richard

Martin 280s

I would have ordered a 350 SEL in metallic green with Bamboo MB-tex, sunroof, F + R 3-point seat belts, reading lights on the C-pillar, air-con, auto 'box and about all the other toys I could!

Today I have a 280s, Magnetite blue and parchment MB-Tex,  F + R 3-point seat belts, reading lights on the C-pillar and air-con.

gf

I would love a black SEL, with moss green velour!goes so well with the wood trim. last choice would have been  blue which ive got but since re-dyeing all the faded areas back to original it actually looks quite nice

gf

oh and my car is the same colour as martins which i really do like

s class

My favourite interior is black leather, closely followed by green velour. 

Favourite exterior colours are black, Milan and cypress.

I think I would have a black on black 6.9, plus a Cypress/green velour 450SE for daily driving. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

TJ 450

I would have a hard time choosing between Classic White/Bambus and Magnetite Blue/Parchment combinations. I find both very attractive, and would also settle for 903 Blue or Dark Blue Metallic/Parchment.

I would also find it difficult to choose between a 6.9 or a 280, the two options I would consider. I'd probably order one of each to be sure. ;D

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

Big_Richard

jbrasile

Hmmmm....

1) 350SE - 904 - bamboo velour - 4 speed manual, sunroof, power windows, rear headrests, manual a/c, alloys, h/l wipers

2) 280SE - 468 - bamboo plaid cloth seats and luxury interior, 5 speed, sunroof, manual a/c, rear headrests, alloys

3) 450SEL - 172 - parchment velour - heated seats front and rear, sunroof, manual a/c, tempomat, rear headrests, reclining rear seat, alloys, h/l wipers , basically fully loaded minus ACC and self leveling rear susp.

Would I have a 6.9.... probably.... 876 with bamboo velour...

Currently have 2 450SEL's, 78 419 / Tobacco Velour - 80 737 / Blue Leather

Tks,

Joe

Big_Richard

jbrasile

MT,

It's not that I don't like leather, but MB could have done a better job of keeping seat surfaces from rubbing against each generating a very unpleasant creaking noise... They did address this issue on the series II 126's and later 124's, 140's had that problem solved by using fabric in every place you would have leather with leather contact.

I do have blue hides in my 1980 car and by using some Vaseline where the seat backs meet the cushions and where the side covers touch the seats I have been able to eliminate all of the noise but you need to apply the product periodically to keep things quiet. Its funny that Tex does not have this problem... if velour was not available I'd probably go with Tex over leather.... Let's order the  280SE with Bamboo MB-Tex then... hehehe

Tks,

Joe

Mforcer

I am very fortunate to have the colour combination that I would choose; Brilliant Red Metallic (525) with Parchment leather interior.

My grandfather had good taste ;)
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

s class

Right now I have :

280SE daily driver - 930 Silver blue metallic with black leather - I love the black leather interior, HATE the paint colour.

280S - 930 Silver blue metallic with bamboo leather - Bamboo is OK, but at least this one is pristine - still hate the paint colour.

6.9 - 906 Grey-blue metallic with blue leather - The only paint colour I dislike even more than 930......

6.9 - 568 signal red with black leather - yay for black leather, red paint is OK-ish on a W116.

450SL - 568 signal red with parchment leather - red looks good on R107 I think.

The 280SE daily driver and 906-6.9 need resprays, and I am debating 040 black, 172 anthracite, 173 anthracite, 876 cypress, 834 Moss green.  All of these would work with the black interior of the 280SE, a bit less compatible with the blue interior on the 6.9...

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

Big_Richard