Garage > Interiors & Exteriors

MB-Tex seat issues

(1/3) > >>

raueda1:
For some reason my 6.9 has MB-Tex seats.  I can't find leather or velour on the build card so maybe they're original.  Or maybe not - ???  In any case, on both front seats the foam padding on 1 of the ribs is too short so the channel is collapsed towards the rear (see pic). 

Does anybody know if this can be corrected without removing the whole seat and taking it apart?  I did that once to clean and lube the tracks and don't want to do it again.  Incidentally, at the time there weren't any broken springs.

That said, it might be worth it if the seat could be stiffened up on the sides.  They're fine in a straight line, very comfortable.   But during hard cornering the limit is falling off the side of the seat and hanging onto the steering wheel.  Maybe that's just how they are but stiffer side bolsters would make a huge improvement. Any suggestions or comments welcome.  Thanks and cheers,

UTn_boy:
What is the interior trim code on the data card? 

raueda1:

--- Quote from: UTn_boy on 14 June 2021, 02:39 AM ---What is the interior trim code on the data card?

--- End quote ---
I wish I knew.  There must be something wrong with me, cause I've I've never really been able to fully decipher this stuff despite numerous searches. From what I understand:

Options plate:
931H = magnetite blue --> correct
532 = auto antenna w/o radio --> correct
592 = heated rear window --> correct
638 = elimination of warning triangle --> I have one but I might have installed it, can't recall
812 = rear speakers --> correct

Data card:
Ausstatung:  905 = ???  This is interior, right?  But can't find 905 anyplace
406 = SINGLE SEAT WITH ORTHOPAEDIC FRONT SEAT BACKREST, LEFT AND RIGHT  aka lumbar support?
532 = auto antenna w/o radio --> correct
592 = heated rear window --> correct
638 = no warning triangle
640 = aluminum disk wheels (Bundts?)  --> correct
665 = ???

Wenig gewuenscht (on data card)
206 = ???
233 = FOGLAMP WIRING FOR FRANCE, SWITZERLAND, AUSTRALIA, SWEDEN, NORWAY --> no idea about this
309 = LEFT TAIL LAMP WITHOUT REAR FOG LAMP --> no idea what this means
812 = rear speakers

Nowhere do I see a recognizable upholstery code.  The interior is palomino or light beige or whatever they call it.  What am I missing here?   :o

Max-NL:
905 is off-white velours.

raueda1:

--- Quote from: Max-NL on 14 June 2021, 10:32 AM ---905 is off-white velours.

--- End quote ---
Thanks much for solving that mystery.  Oh, what I'd give to have that velour again!  But now I got MB-tex, so I guess I've got a super-taxi, which isn't bad. 

Still, any thoughts on whether the foam can be inserted without taking the seat completely apart?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version