News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

I finally Purchased my wheel

Started by 500eguy, 28 June 2007, 11:51 PM

500eguy

Well, after all the trouble i went through i finally won the right wheel for the right price! 123 euro:) so $165, i need to redy the steering wheel from brown to black and put it on my car! here is the link....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170119105511

gregdeklerk

Well done Johnny. Hope you enjoy it.

James R

I want one of those. I'm now officially fed up with the bus wheel original in my car. I want something smaller and leather bound. A plastic wheel in a car of this stature is ridiculous.
1978 450SEL 6.9 - GONE!

1979 450SEL - GONE!

oscar

I Like  ;D ;D

Nice work 500eguy and great price.  Shouldn't take much to change the colour.  It'd be interesting to hear if the W124 boss fits.  I'm sure it will since you should have the same approx 20mm spline.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

500eguy

Yes hopefully i have no fitment issues, the original wheel is very cool in a nostalgic sense, but feels odd if i want to do some sport driving! i had won a mint black amg wheel like this one a few months ago and the seller sold it to someone else a few days after the auction that i had won! that wheel was $400.

Mforcer

Great buy. I have the same wheel on my car :)
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

500eguy

Here Is what the back of the wheel looks like, Will it bolt on or will i have to modify something?

oscar

Assuming you've removed the old wheel, just unscrew the centre leather pad from behind the AMG one.  There should be 4 screws, one behind each spoke.  You may want to remove the AMG wheel off the hub too by removing the 6 hex screws that attach it to the hub.  You might not have to do it, just depends if you need more room to attach the nut on the spline.

You simply align the mark on the spline in an upright position for LHD and slide the hub on, screw the nut on and attach the hub horn wires to the wheel's horn buttons' wires if they've been disconnected.   It wont be too hard, it'll all make sense once you see the spline and inside the wheels.  But by the looks of it, no mods needed.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

500eguy

Don't worry, i will have it re-dyed to be black:) i think thats why i got it so cheap:)