News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

HVLP recommendations

Started by Nutz, 08 March 2006, 02:03 PM

Nutz

Any painters here? I need to replace due to my half arse cleaning the last time I laid some paint ::)

alabbasi

I don't personally, but I enjoyed this article about painting a car at home and he made a recommendation for an inexpensive paint gun.
http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/Painting.html
With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

Nutz

Thanks Al,

I bought that Husky brand HVLP a couple years back thinking it was a bargain and I wouldn't recommend it personally.The atomization is horrible  >:( Below,the Husky HVLP paperweight

alabbasi

No problem, is this for turd? I'm really looking forward to seeing that done.  When I was a kid and someone would ask "which car do you want??" I would have a long list of cars that I said. For anyone who doesn't know Nutz, he is living that dream and owns a bunch of the cars that I wanted as a kid  :)
With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

John Hubertz

Hey, huge thanks to you Al - another in a long list of amazing resources brought into my life by.... You!

You're an amazing guy and I hope to meet you someday.

John
John Hubertz
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
(Hunter S. Thompson) 

1977 450SEL (Max Headroom)
[img width=68 height=73][url="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg"]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg[/url][/img]

Nutz

Quote from: alabbasi on 08 March 2006, 04:48 PM
No problem, is this for turd? I'm really looking forward to seeing that done. 

Yes indeed,it is for turd ;D  I really hope to get it done before spring hits  ;)

Mforcer

Are you planning to stick with the cars original colour? Turd is such a lovely name! ;)
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Nutz

The plan as of now is white exterior,white interior  8) The paint that is on it now is not the original MB brown but a "turd" color brown,quite hideous really  :-\

Mforcer

I can't give you any suggestions as I have been watching too many episodes of Pimp My Ride but do hope to see something different and special. Hope you let your creativity have the freedom it deserves and make something unique!
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Nutz

LOL ! It's sort of looking like a creation off that show with the sheepskin seat covers and 20 inch wheels I have on it already.Heres a photo (poor lighting,sorry) of the unpleasant brown. 99.9% rust free California W116  :D

alabbasi

Your changing the interior? Hmm, I'm talking a guy in Asia about having a batch of replacement leather seat covers made for Mercedes Benz as a side venture. From what I understand from him is that will be a lot less expensive if its made then it would cost to get it from the usual vendors. He is very knowledgable about MB grade leather and the perforation pattern etc.

If it gains traction, I should be able to provide these covers for a lot less then what we normally see them for.  Now I just need to find a car to use as a Guinea Pig.

My initial thought was to commission a batch for W124 and W126 cars (simply because there are more on the road with leather then any other).
With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.