News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Help needed - center console question...!

Started by AMG69, 09 July 2007, 04:56 AM

AMG69

geez I hate this job (pulling apart the centre console) but nothing has really worked properly since the bozo's who did the rust repairs on AMG6.9 pulled the whole thing out to fix the floor; point is NOW I AM DOING IT RIGHT!  (SIGH).  So, quick one, see photos below; I am trying to work out what has "gone missing" I am certainly missing two of the four fibre optics and now I have everything out I see where they attach so that's cool......PB can you advise part number for these by chance?????.

NOW - see the two holes in the black plastic at the bottom of the plastic holders at the rear? Are there additional globes supposed to be slotted in there? Or is it just at the top (which fit snugly in the metal holders); ie I can see I need t5 wedges for the two dials (fan and air conditioning dials) for the air cond and for the Top each side to light up the top of the control slides for the heating BUT are there two more at the bottom of the slides?

cheers

Chris

sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

AMG69

Styria, that's two more screws the bozos lost.... >:(

AMG69

All back together and two of the four fibre optics in place and working; just need two more...part number anyone???

WGB

I have been watching the thread and did the same job myself about three years ago.

All I remember was that one of the bulbs fell out of it's holder and I ended up doing it about three times until I got it right.

Unfortunately I might have to do it again when I get my car rolling.

Jaguar and Mercedes as well as the medical profession were obsessed with fibre-optics in the early 70's.

Bill

gregdeklerk

Quote from: WGB on 09 July 2007, 08:19 PM
Jaguar and Mercedes as well as the medical profession were obsessed with fibre-optics in the early 70's.

Bill

But Lord Lucas only cursed one!!