News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

door card removal, and separation

Started by Howard60, 07 May 2020, 06:22 AM

Rolo

Sorry to answer my own reply.  The forward most clip near the mirror was the hang up.  It appeared engaged, but it was not and was keeping the panel from dropping down.  I just a trim tool to lever the tab into the clip.  I guess I got lucky the first time.

ckamila

Glad you figured it out.

All my male clips on the door card are broken. Thought about making a metal U-shaped bracket to wrap around the male clip, basically a 3-sided box, allowing enough purchase to engage female clip on internal window wipe.

-chris
If it's not broke i haven't fix it yet...

1980 300SD, 170K
1985 300D, 235K

Fergus

I have been following this thread with interest thanks.

When I bought my car the previous owner had cut a hole in both front door panels, fitted Kenwood speakers and the threw away the old Becker radio.

Does anyone know where I would be able to find new / replacement boards and vinyl covers?

Thanks in advance

Fergus

Rolo

Card is MDF or similar wood product.  You might want to go completely different with a perforated vinyl.  Close match to seat centers.

ptashek

Quote from: Fergus on 29 September 2020, 05:16 AM
I have been following this thread with interest thanks.

When I bought my car the previous owner had cut a hole in both front door panels, fitted Kenwood speakers and the threw away the old Becker radio.

Does anyone know where I would be able to find new / replacement boards and vinyl covers?

Thanks in advance

Fergus

The boards you can easily make yourself out of either 3mm or 5mm MDF sheet, using the old one as pattern.
The vinyl will be a bit more challenging. Try the folks at D:Class Automotive down in Surrey (https://www.dclass.co.uk/). They might have it in stock, or will be able to source it.
Or source some old cards on eBay, and rebuild them.

I've had my cards rebuilt using the same velour carpet material used for the floors, and I like them much better than the original finish.
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

rumb

'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

Fergus

Thanks for your responses to my query colleagues. As always most helpful.